Searching for 24ILD Blended Talalay Latex OR It's Natural Equivalent

Can I assume this will be a 3" blended talalay layer?

Would be a great source if Flexus was willing to go the extra mile to help out customers like that.
[/quote]

that is correct, a 3" blended talalay 24ILD, Flexus going the extra mile for sure!!

you receive your 24ild layer yet? if so, how did it affect your mattress?

If flexus is currently using talalay global then I’d like to know what ships for their 20ILD latex on their website because the talalay website shows 19 and 24 but not 20
https://www.talalayglobal.com/products/mattress-cores/

And Radium natural talalay is 17.5/18 (N5) and 22.5/23 (N6S) so if flexus is currently using radium then is it the N5 or the N6S?

I know these ILD numbers are +/- 2.5 but 17.5 vs 22.5 avg might make a difference, even if only small.

i wish, still in transit

often times i see them say 19/20 interchangeably, could just be a typo, might want to reach out to henry at flexus and ask him

it’s 19ild blended from TG. 19 is the target ild with the normal range of +/-2. For now they are not ordering from Radium because of shipping delays. Despite what the website says, If you want natural talalay you need to contact them and special request.

Good to know. Last I could find flexus was using Radium due to pandemic supply chain issues but that was April 2020 and so I sent flexus a message last week asking for specifics about where they sourced and the specific ILD/range but I never heard back.

from April 2020 Looking for a good less hot memory foam mattress

[quote=“FLEXUS COMFORT post=84653”]Hello,

We usually source our natural Talalay from both companies. But, under the current Covid-19 situation we are only sourcing from Radium at the moment. We currently have available 22 ILD, 28 ILD, and 36 ILD in the Radium Talalay.
[/quote]

How’d you find out flexus is shipping blended and not natural? That’s disappointing, especially as the flexus website clearly says “100% Natural Talalay and GOLS Certified Organic Dunlop.”

That was accurate in 2020. At present but the backlog in the ports has made importing Radium a logistical a headache so TG is the primary source. At least that’s what I was told.

I figured it out when checking the product code stamped on the latex. The dunlop was 100% natural though. I don’t mind blended talalay but I do wish the website had the correct info. On the flip side, when I was having trouble with my mattress, flexus allowed me to exchange a layer twice without additional cost, which I am grateful for.

lantern71, hope you don’t mind me asking.
Did the tag on the blended latex you received have a prefix of SMT?

I figured this out, so i’m all set now.

So what was the answer?

Always helpful when others find the thread later.

No it had a “W” prefix which is a designation for blended. Was also able to confirm an ID number with TG.

Still waiting ?

Thursday arrival!! it’s been a long long 10or so weeks

Sorry the W prefix was for radium. I used the ID number to confirm the TG layer.

Good to hear. Hopefully that means I’m not far behind.

[quote=“lantern71 post=90832”]
Good to hear. Hopefully that means I’m not far behind.[/quote]

well, it arrived last month, and i drew the short end of the stick

in hoping for 24ILD, i ended up receiving the low end of the +/- 2ILD, which effectively is just a stiff 22ILD

the hope was >=24ILD, but i rolled the dice and am likely out $~400 :frowning:

its damn near perfect, just a touch too soft. i feel like something that trended 25-26 would have been flawless. i threw the 28 talalay on top, making the 24 the middle layer (34 SOL dunlop base) and its a touch better, but still hammocking a little. some days it’s minimal pain, others its a bit more pronounced. trying to give it a full 2-3mo before i make any final decisions, and hopefully some of the prices come back down to earth!

my wife LOVES it however. so i may actually just cut my side off, and only have to buy a twin XL and do a split firmness. will likely order 28ILD

does anyone know if you can request a ‘soft’ with your order, or you get what you get. meaning, if TG has these stickers on them, can you just ask for something that measured in the 26-27ILD when ordering a 28?

here is my test report, does anyone know how to decipher the 1, 2, 3 and then the corresponding 3 columns they represent?

[quote=“datrumole post=91158”]does anyone know if you can request a ‘soft’ with your order, or you get what you get. meaning, if TG has these stickers on them, can you just ask for something that measured in the 26-27ILD when ordering a 28?

here is my test report, does anyone know how to decipher the 1, 2, 3 and then the corresponding 3 columns they represent? [/quote]

Pretty sure those columns are QA testing that is done in several places on each layer to ensure what you are getting is within range given for a specific ILD number on the tag. I doubt TG (manufacturer) would go through the trouble of selecting a single layer in a specific (tighter) range for you but as long as it wasn’t special order (common firmness, blended 24ILD is not common) then you could probably ask one of the retailers to do that and they might be able fulfill your request (assuming they had what you needed in stock already). You could use zoning to fix alot of the issues you’re dealing with but it’s also good to experiment on the DIY side to know what’s possible.

[quote=“Mattrebuild post=91173”]

Pretty sure those columns are QA testing that is done in several places on each layer to ensure what you are getting is within range given for a specific ILD number on the tag. I doubt TG (manufacturer) would go through the trouble of selecting a single layer in a specific (tighter) range for you but as long as it wasn’t special order (common firmness, blended 24ILD is not common) then you could probably ask one of the retailers to do that and they might be able fulfill your request (assuming they had what you needed in stock already). You could use zoning to fix alot of the issues you’re dealing with but it’s also good to experiment on the DIY side to know what’s possible.[/quote]

thanks, yes asking the third party to potentially select a softer 28ild would be the preference, assuming they order from TG who puts these stickers on (unless other Manu do this too, my other layers never had this sticker but I suppose they could have just removed it)

my last attempt to add a slight stiffness to the mattress is the encasement. I’m still just on the latex over a sheet

do you think the wool encasement from APM will add a touch of stiffness that might push it a touch firmerz or maybe firmer isn’t even the right word, maybe it will do just enough to prevent my butt area from sinking in a touch too far

thoughts?

Yes those labels are put on by TG as you can see it tells where they are manufactured and QA info. I assume these go on prior to cutting to thickness since you can see the label is cut too (which is likely why you might or might not get a label).

My suggestion is to use zoning instead of just layer changes (once you’ve exhausted the simpler configurations) since it allows you to target specific areas. The wool might help you but no way to know if it will do what you want until you try it.