Searching for 24ILD Blended Talalay Latex OR It's Natural Equivalent

I figured this out, so i’m all set now.

So what was the answer?

Always helpful when others find the thread later.

No it had a “W” prefix which is a designation for blended. Was also able to confirm an ID number with TG.

Still waiting ?

Thursday arrival!! it’s been a long long 10or so weeks

Sorry the W prefix was for radium. I used the ID number to confirm the TG layer.

Good to hear. Hopefully that means I’m not far behind.

[quote=“lantern71 post=90832”]
Good to hear. Hopefully that means I’m not far behind.[/quote]

well, it arrived last month, and i drew the short end of the stick

in hoping for 24ILD, i ended up receiving the low end of the +/- 2ILD, which effectively is just a stiff 22ILD

the hope was >=24ILD, but i rolled the dice and am likely out $~400 :frowning:

its damn near perfect, just a touch too soft. i feel like something that trended 25-26 would have been flawless. i threw the 28 talalay on top, making the 24 the middle layer (34 SOL dunlop base) and its a touch better, but still hammocking a little. some days it’s minimal pain, others its a bit more pronounced. trying to give it a full 2-3mo before i make any final decisions, and hopefully some of the prices come back down to earth!

my wife LOVES it however. so i may actually just cut my side off, and only have to buy a twin XL and do a split firmness. will likely order 28ILD

does anyone know if you can request a ‘soft’ with your order, or you get what you get. meaning, if TG has these stickers on them, can you just ask for something that measured in the 26-27ILD when ordering a 28?

here is my test report, does anyone know how to decipher the 1, 2, 3 and then the corresponding 3 columns they represent?

[quote=“datrumole post=91158”]does anyone know if you can request a ‘soft’ with your order, or you get what you get. meaning, if TG has these stickers on them, can you just ask for something that measured in the 26-27ILD when ordering a 28?

here is my test report, does anyone know how to decipher the 1, 2, 3 and then the corresponding 3 columns they represent? [/quote]

Pretty sure those columns are QA testing that is done in several places on each layer to ensure what you are getting is within range given for a specific ILD number on the tag. I doubt TG (manufacturer) would go through the trouble of selecting a single layer in a specific (tighter) range for you but as long as it wasn’t special order (common firmness, blended 24ILD is not common) then you could probably ask one of the retailers to do that and they might be able fulfill your request (assuming they had what you needed in stock already). You could use zoning to fix alot of the issues you’re dealing with but it’s also good to experiment on the DIY side to know what’s possible.

[quote=“Mattrebuild post=91173”]

Pretty sure those columns are QA testing that is done in several places on each layer to ensure what you are getting is within range given for a specific ILD number on the tag. I doubt TG (manufacturer) would go through the trouble of selecting a single layer in a specific (tighter) range for you but as long as it wasn’t special order (common firmness, blended 24ILD is not common) then you could probably ask one of the retailers to do that and they might be able fulfill your request (assuming they had what you needed in stock already). You could use zoning to fix alot of the issues you’re dealing with but it’s also good to experiment on the DIY side to know what’s possible.[/quote]

thanks, yes asking the third party to potentially select a softer 28ild would be the preference, assuming they order from TG who puts these stickers on (unless other Manu do this too, my other layers never had this sticker but I suppose they could have just removed it)

my last attempt to add a slight stiffness to the mattress is the encasement. I’m still just on the latex over a sheet

do you think the wool encasement from APM will add a touch of stiffness that might push it a touch firmerz or maybe firmer isn’t even the right word, maybe it will do just enough to prevent my butt area from sinking in a touch too far

thoughts?

Yes those labels are put on by TG as you can see it tells where they are manufactured and QA info. I assume these go on prior to cutting to thickness since you can see the label is cut too (which is likely why you might or might not get a label).

My suggestion is to use zoning instead of just layer changes (once you’ve exhausted the simpler configurations) since it allows you to target specific areas. The wool might help you but no way to know if it will do what you want until you try it.

Adding a wool or cotton encasement will firm up the feel a little bit. Despite a slightly firmer feel on top, my personal experience has been that adding or removing a cover in most cases did not make up for a mattress configuration where I wanted more or less support. The addition or removal of a cover only had a significant impact on one configuration I tested.

no idea if any of these would work but something to think about…

1. 34D / 32T / 20 D or 24T- putting a 32 talalay might give you more travel for the shoulders but still be supportive enough for the back
  2. moving to 4 layers might help you pick up more travel for the should, but maintain support for the back

I reached out to TG for more information on their product label. I’m curious to know this myself as I am still waiting to get my 24ild layer.

Response from TG is the label shows ild results for 3 points at the head, middle and foot of each layer.

Lost my notifications on this, resubscribing.