Second latex mattress gone soft!

Phoenix, I told you: It is either the altitude or my wife and I have force fields that destroy latex. :evil: Lew

Hi Lew
Body impressions is the one thing I really can’t stand in a mattress.
I wish you all the best in getting this all sorted out.
I’m a little bit of a conspirators theory type guy so perhaps one of the big S companies is behind all this bad latex. :unsure:

Not one myself. (CT). However did you see Phoenix’ link to the former CEO who embezzle. Sealy still works with SAPSA, so who knows who would benefit and how they would do it. I wondered if an increasing demand for latex was causing a decrease in quality control. I don’t think it is a conspiracy, but it is fun to try to figure out the angles. Lew

Just to add to the conspiracy theories … Latex International was originally founded as a partnership between Latex foam Products (the precursor to Latex International) and Sapsa.

This was before the fire in 2001 when LI started all over again and before Sapsa was purchased by Sealy in 2001 (and then sold it in 2010).

There’s some interesting comments here from Kevin Coleman talking about the future (before he ended up with a very different future than he imagined).

latex International is also the exclusive distributor of Unilatex which is a continuous pour Dunlop latex made by Sapsa.

Phoenix

it all makes for some good reading but at the expense of a good nights sleep.
I’m surprised that the USA and CAD Govt’s. haven’t brought down the axe on the bedding industry considering all the misinformation or should I also say lack of. Sure there are Law tags but should there not be explicit product information labeled on every bed made after all it wouldn’t cost the industry much but would provide the consumer with the necessary specifications to make a educated purchase? Lets face it everyone knows that the bedding industry is a racket and for the most part consumers have no idea what is in side the cover of there mattress, that is if they haven’t discovered this fantastic site.

Hi
Good read thanks.
Did the guy go to jail for his embezzling of LI?

Phoenix replied to that in a different post. He got 6 years. In some states I guy could get more than that for possessing some weed. Go figure. :frowning: Lew

If I’m not mistaken he is working as an executive in the bedding industry as we speak.
Honestly the industry is a racket and I’m not at all surprised that one of there own decided to pull this kind of stunt,
“live by the sword, die by the sword” :evil:

Hi jege41,

I certainly agree with the sentiment but perhaps not the method. In my own “perfect world” … consumer education and empowerment or change from the “ground up” that focused and purchased from those manufacturers or retailers that already are doing what the entire industry “should be doing” would be the ideal rather than top down regulations which in today’s environment are more politically inspired for the benefit of lobby groups or the interests of other more corporate entities than they are about meaningful change that actually benefits consumers.

I am a big believer in speaking with your pocketbook and consumer “empowerment” which will eventually force change more effectively than regulations which can be bypassed or which aren’t enforced (or are enforced selectively) anyway IMO. This could also require some cultural changes in our society though where people as a whole begin to look in different directions for their purchases, replace their tendency to rely on marketing information or self promotional information, begin to do more critical thinking rather than simply believe what is said often enough, to look at a bigger picture, and to understand the real relationship between price and value and replace these with real research that is more fact based and the better buying decisions that can come with it.

Phoenix

In a perfect world things would work that way… I agree with you in principal and this website of yours is going to have some effect. The internet has certainly made it easier to become an informed consumer, and the sleaziest of companies are exposed. In my previous life as a salesman I found some people who appreciated knowledge, service and follow up-and many people who just wanted the lowest price on the planet. Sometimes the latter people made my job discouraging, while the former were were what sustained us. Thanks again for doing all this work to help us become more informed. :cheer:

Lew