Seeking advice for a pillow

Hello, I am looking to buy a pillow because mine is very old and I’m not sure which one to get. I sleep on both my side and back equally so I can’t just get a pillow for one specific side.
I don’t like my pillows to be too high or thick because having my neck at an angle really hurts me when I wake up. I have a lot of neck, upper, and lower back pain every single night/morning and I’m looking to see if I can get at least some relief.
The pillow that I have currently I think is a feather pillow. It doesn’t really give much support and is pretty soft. I think I would need a firmer one.

If there’s any more information needed, please let me know.

Hi Davchun,

While this site focuses mainly upon mattresses, I did start a pillow thread a few years ago, which you may find by clicking here. There’s a good link there about selecting a proper pillow. As you alternate between side and back, you may wish to look at a pillow that is “shapeable” so it can be made a bit thicker when on your side, something like a shredded latex or some sort of a durable fiber (wool, kapok, etc.).

Phoenix