Select Foam Mattress

Hi.
Going to post here so that everyone can read. I ordered the Select Cirrus Luxe ES-13 mattress a few weeks ago from Select Mattress. It arrived today via FedEx. There was no paperwork. The outside mattress cover does not look anything like any of their mattresses. The label on the mattress says it was made by FXI in Indiana. It has no layering information and doesn’t say anything about Select Foam or Cirrus Luxe. It has no mention of soy foam, only petroleum based foam. It has a model number and prototype number, no branding of Select. The Fed Ex label DOES say Select Cirrus Luxe but it was so torn up I can’t tell where it shipped from. What does all this mean? Who is FXI and why is the branding and model info not there? I called the company number and the woman is going to research it. She said the cover I got was top of the line? How so? It is not shown on their top of the line mattresses. How can I tell what is actually inside the mattress? How do I know know what I received?

I did speak to our salesman tonight. He was right on this so I’m relieved. He confirmed that they have FXI make their mattresses. He said they do not send paperwork in the box but provide it email or snail mail. He will provide it for me tomorrow. He said they are changing out their covers and the one we got is the new one. They are changing their website tomorrow morning and the new cover would be on there. So I am not as worried. I must say the phone call was pleasant and they seem to care what we think and that we are happy with the mattress. I was pleased with the customer service.

Hi Nene1957,

Thanks for your comments and for the update about what they said when you talked with them.

FXI is one of the largest foam manufacturers in the industry and they fabricate mattresses for many companies so this would certainly be no cause for concern. Law tags also don’t include layering information … they only list the materials in the mattress based on the weight percentage of each material in the mattress so this is also normal.

Soy foam is just a version of memory foam or polyfoam that has replaced a small percentage of the polyols in the foam with a soy based derivative (see post #2 here) so it would be labeled the same as any other memory foam or polyfoam on the law tag and would show as viscoelastic foam (if it was memory foam) or polyurethane foam (if it was polyfoam). This is also nothing to be concerned about.

It’s also not unusual for a manufacturer to change their cover since there are constantly new covers available in the industry that can be an improvement over previous covers or that would be similar to a previous cover but look a little different.

While I understand your apprehension … based on your comments it doesn’t sound like you really have anything to be concerned about.

Now that you’ve received your new mattress I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

First night on the Select Foam Luxe was wonderful. It is firmer though, not soft like the Tempur Cloud Luxe, but it is brand new so I expect a break in period. I am hopeful it will soften a little. What I love is the support. And I was able to sleep on my stomach part of the night very comfortably. No backache this morning. My husband really liked it as well. Not too warm. I laid on it today after making the bed, then got up and no wrinkled bedding. It just bounces right back where it was.

I contacted Northwest Bedding on my claim. They said it didn’t warrant a return response. It was 10 years. Even though I told them the 2" indentations occurred in the first year and their store told me it was normal, they would not consider any kind of warranty. I didn’t think they would. I am not coming back 10 years after a bed is worn out looking for a replacement. But I was very clear that they did not help me when the time was appropriate as I did contact them and got a “this is normal and doesn’t affect comfort” excuse… They said their latex beds 10 years ago were latex/viscose blend and were still in the beginning (experimental) stages. Well thanks for letting me know after I spent 3K on your failed experiment. What angers me is that we wanted a double pillowtop innerspring mattress as that is what we’d had and were very happy with. They talked us into the latex mix failure that didn’t last a year at twice the price. So it is more of an ethical issue for me. I’m happy to try an online company with a better warranty and hopefully a better product.

Hi Nene1957,

Thanks for the initial update and feedback … so far so good :slight_smile:

You’re right that there will be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of it’s “false firmness” and the cover stretches and loosens a little and the materials settle and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from what it is used to (see post #3 here). This would typically be a few weeks but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress.

I’m looking forward to any additional updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on your mattress for a little longer.

Phoenix

8[quote=“Phoenix” post=58506]Hi Nene1957,

Thanks for the initial update and feedback … so far so good :slight_smile:

You’re right that there will be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of it’s “false firmness” and the cover stretches and loosens a little and the materials settle and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from what it is used to (see post #3 here). This would typically be a few weeks but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress.

I’m looking forward to any additional updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on your mattress for a little longer.

Phoenix[/quote]

Hi ladybug242,

I’m not clear why you are reposting my previous reply but if you meant to add any comments or questions to your reply then you can edit your post to include them.

I’ll leave your post up for a little while so that you have some time to edit it if you need to but otherwise I’ll just delete it since it’s a duplicate of the previous post.

Phoenix