Selecting a Firmness Level for SleepEZ 10000

I am about to buy a king SleepEz 10000 organic latex mattress. I am trying to select the proper firmness combination. My husband is 6’ and 150 lbs and I am 5’ 10" and 160 lbs. He is a stomach sleeper with occasional back sleeping and I am a side sleeper with occasional back sleeping. We have tried a Savvy Rest mattress and liked the Medium Dunlop, Soft Dunlop, Soft Talalay combination. I like the bounce of the dunlop with the soft comfy feeling of the talalay top layer.

SleepEZ recommended that I get Firm, Medium, Soft and that my husband get Firm, Medium, Medium (dunlop on the bottom layer and talalay on the top two). I have read that SleepEz tends to be a bit firm in general, so I’m hesitant to go firmer than the combination that I liked at Savvy Rest. At the same time, I am worried about not getting a firm bottom layer in terms of support in the long run.

Do you have any suggestions?

Also, what organic/non-toxic mattress pad would you recommend for this bed?

Thanks so much!

Hi Jacsl,

SleepEZ has a great deal of experience and tends to make good suggestions that would suit their customers in the long term and so unless you are completely confident that your testing is a good prediction of your actual long term sleeping experience I would tend to follow their suggestions. The worst case is that you would need to exchange a layer.

I don’t have any specific recommendations because it will depend on which of the tradeoffs that are involved in choosing between different types of mattress protectors are most important to you but post #89 here has more information and suggestions that should help you choose which one would be best for you.

Phoenix