Sheets

I have my bed and my mattress is ordered, Now I need to find some bedding that will be be perfect for my new sleep sanctuary. I tried to find a thread on this site dedicated to sheets but had no luck so I thought I would start one.
It seems like another impossible task finding the right sheets! I fell in love with Target’s @Home organic cotton sheets and then when they changed them to Threshold brand and they are just not the same :frowning:
Before that I tried several high thread count sets of different high end brands and mostly what I got was sheets that pilled after 3 or 4 washes.
And before that I had some awesome Canon sheets that were like 90% cotton and 10% polyester. Best sheets I ever slept on (besides maybe some hotels) --But I have been unable to find anything like them in years. I am so sure it had one “n” but maybe I’m wrong since it has been so long.
Anyway when I search Canon sheets the best result I see is at Kmart for “Cannon” sheets. They don’t however give a percentage for the cotton/poly blend ones. They do seem to have excellent reviews so I will stop by there when I am near Kmart and check it out. I really don’t expect to find the quality I’m looking for there, but Hey you never know.
In the meantime does anyone have suggestions for good sheets that have these qualities?

1. No flannels or knits. No silk or satin.
  2. Something that doesn’t make me hot or itchy.
  3. I don’t want to iron them -,just pull out of dryer and put on bed.
  4. Prints are great. (room is deep navy and silver grey with white trim)
  5. I don’t want them to wear through in 6 months, pill or get nubby.
  6. Prefer smooth and crisp like grandmas sheets (without starching and ironing).
  7. The bottom fitted sheet should be snug and not slip off the corners but not too big that it gets all loose. (14" mattress)

Any suggestions would be helpful. I really really want to have nice sheets for my mattress when it gets here :smiley:

Thanks

Hi Centaurita,

[quote]I have my bed and my mattress is ordered, Now I need to find some bedding that will be be perfect for my new sleep sanctuary. I tried to find a thread on this site dedicated to sheets but had no luck so I thought I would start one.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I really really want to have nice sheets for my mattress when it gets here :D[/quote]

Post #7 here and the other posts, topics, and sources of information it links to about fabrics, sheets, and bedding may be helpful :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix