Sheets!!!!!

Lets talk sheets. I like them cotton for around $70 to $80 bucks and looking for dark colors like black sheets. I do not want satin or anything fancy. I actually did a lot of research on this topic about a year ago…but I have forgotten a lot of the subject.

Any way, what are some good options in the area? Where would you order them from? My last set I got from the mall…and they were great actually. I’m just looking for another set and what to see if I can save any money. I know thread count is the name of the game but not the entire deciding factor since even high thread count sheets can be crap.

Hi Snagged,

I don’t research or keep a record of local sources for sheets and bedding (hopefully some of the members that are in the Greenville, SC area may see your post and have some local suggestions) but post #7 here and the other posts and topics it links to has much more information and feedback about sheets and should be helpful (I think I may have linked this in a previous reply so you may already have read it).

As you will read … thread count can be very deceiving.

Phoenix

I recently got some Pinzon Heavyweight Cotton Flannel Sheet Set from Amazon (in King for me). They seem to be good heavy sheets and they are really soft and warm. I’ve washed them about 4 times thus far and they have held up well. I think the queen size are currently $65 and have free 2 day shipping (prime)

Good to know! I will have to check those out. How would you compare those sheets to Egyptian cotton sheets?

And I forget, what is a good thread count for Egyptian cotton sheets?

Hi Snagged,

There is some good information about thread count here and here and about thread counts, weave patterns, and fabric types here but a “true” thread count of about 400 or so is generally the “sweet spot” for cotton sheets although there are some good choices that would have a lower thread count than this.

Phoenix

Awesome, thanks!