Sherwood Evosleep vs WorldBed Studio "the dude" - help!

Hi Phoenix,

Hoping you can help confirm that these mattresses are of good quality! I’ll spare you the details of our situation, we have figured out our preferences and have probably narrowed it down to 2 mattresses:

1 - Sherwood Evosleep Conforma Cool Perfection Luxury Plush Gel 5.0

You mentioned in another post that you thought this was fine. Here are the specs of a similar model, I believe the 3.5:

-Super heavy weight lycra knit ticking with Outlast technology
-100% natural and chemical free barrier sock, wraps the entire foam core (Not sure why the term “sock” is used only on their memory foam models.)
-A layer of H.D. gel-infused cool memory foam: 1" @ 3.7 lb (Please note this is not the same as the biomedical gel used in their Biomedical Gel Rx Series)
-A thick layer of H.D. memory foam: 1.5" @ 5lb
-A layer of H.D. transitional memory foam: 1" @ 4lb (specs actually say 1" of VX13400, but this was Phoenix-indicated as 4 lb in post #6 here.)
-A thick layer of H.D. memory foam: 1.5" @ 5 lb
-A 6" foam encased soy-based H.D. foam support core: 6" @1.5 lb / 28 ILD: (not sure what they mean by foam encased foam)

So I’m confident that the specs for this look OK to you since you “approved” it in another post or two in the past. You also said that Sherwood is a good company.

2 - What I really want to get your opinion on is the following bed - it’s from a company called “WorldBed Studio” and basically just named by a local company “The Dude” - I don’t know that there is a name for this mattress. Here’s the specs:

12" thick natural soy based memory foam mattress
2" of 4.5lb super soft natural soy based memory foam
2" of 4.5lb soft natural soy based memory foam
3" of 3.5lb soft natural soy based memory foam
2" of 1.5lb high density natural soy based transition layer foam
3" of high density natural soy based firm foundation base layer

I’m just generally wondering if you see any big quality differences between these 2 mattresses and if this 2nd one that I posted has any serious issues. Like I mentioned you said that the Sherwood Evosleep Conforma looks fine …

Also, do you know anything about “WorldBed Studio”? If you google them you can find their website but I can find very little info about them. They seem interesting.

Thanks!

Hi mfbelsky,

[quote]1 - Sherwood Evosleep Conforma Cool Perfection Luxury Plush Gel 5.0

You mentioned in another post that you thought this was fine. Here are the specs of a similar model, I believe the 3.5:

-Super heavy weight lycra knit ticking with Outlast technology
-100% natural and chemical free barrier sock, wraps the entire foam core (Not sure why the term “sock” is used only on their memory foam models.)
-A layer of H.D. gel-infused cool memory foam: 1" @ 3.7 lb (Please note this is not the same as the biomedical gel used in their Biomedical Gel Rx Series)
-A thick layer of H.D. memory foam: 1.5" @ 5lb
-A layer of H.D. transitional memory foam: 1" @ 4lb (specs actually say 1" of VX13400, but this was Phoenix-indicated as 4 lb in post #6 here.)
-A thick layer of H.D. memory foam: 1.5" @ 5 lb
-A 6" foam encased soy-based H.D. foam support core: 6" @1.5 lb / 28 ILD: (not sure what they mean by foam encased foam)

So I’m confident that the specs for this look OK to you since you “approved” it in another post or two in the past. You also said that Sherwood is a good company.[/quote]

As you know if these specs are correct then there are no weak links in this mattress and if it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then it would certainly be worth considering. I think that Sherwood is certainly making some mattresses that are in a “better than average” value range compared to most mainstream manufacturers but they are sometimes not fully transparent about their specs (see post #5 here) and for me transparency is one of the most important factors in how I think about any particular manufacturer.

[quote]2 - What I really want to get your opinion on is the following bed - it’s from a company called “WorldBed Studio” and basically just named by a local company “The Dude” - I don’t know that there is a name for this mattress. Here’s the specs:

12" thick natural soy based memory foam mattress
2" of 4.5lb super soft natural soy based memory foam
2" of 4.5lb soft natural soy based memory foam
3" of 3.5lb soft natural soy based memory foam
2" of 1.5lb high density natural soy based transition layer foam
3" of high density natural soy based firm foundation base layer

I’m just generally wondering if you see any big quality differences between these 2 mattresses and if this 2nd one that I posted has any serious issues. Like I mentioned you said that the Sherwood Evosleep Conforma looks fine …[/quote]

The specs in this mattress are a little bit weaker than in the first mattress you listed because the 3" of 3.5 lb polyfoam is somewhat “on the edge” in terms of its density although with 4" of 4.5 lb memory foam on top of it there is less likelihood it would be a weak link in the mattress unless you are in a higher weight range. I would say that it’s “OK” but not great.

You can read a little about Worldbed Studio in this article and this article. They are a not for profit business unit of Worldbed Inc which is a charitable organization that donates mattresses to various charities (originally in Haiti but they have since expanded the charities they donate to). They are in partnership with Interactive Bedding Systems which is connected to Innovative Bedding Solutions and Abad Foam (which is a foam fabricator that also manufactures mattresses for various companies).

They use charitable donations as a form of marketing and the cost of their donations are built into their mattresses and paid for by their customers and of course each person may have different opinions about how they feel about this type of marketing and whether it is something that they believe adds to the “value” of a mattress purchase.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix, really appreciate your help and very appreciative of this website - great work!