shopping around in NW Indiana

My wife and I are shopping around in northwest Indiana (46385) and have decided we like the icomfort prodigy and the Comforpedic renewed energy memory foam mattresses. My concern is the value of these mattresses may be low and the quality of the materials will not last as long as other mattresses. However, I’m hesitant to purchase a mattress online that we have not been able to lay on, and I haven’t been able to find a local shop that sells mattresses other than the name brands.
Any advise or direction is appreciated.

Hi tao20,

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and avoid most of the worse ones (including both of the mattresses you mentioned).

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of that are closest to you are in the Chicago list in posts #2 and #4 here and in the Fort Wayne / South Bend list in post #4 here.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix.
I’ve been trying to glean as much as I can out of the tutorial posts.
We’ve visited 5 or 6 chain shops now that seem to sell only the name brands.
It looks like we’re about an hour away from the Quality Sleep Shop in LaGrange so I’m going to try to make it up there this week.

Hi tao20,

That would certainly be heading in a “good” direction IMO :slight_smile:

Phoenix