Shopping for comfort and quality

My husband and i have bee shopping for a new mattress and are leaning toward gel memory foam. does anyone have knowledge or experience with the SilverRest Sleep Products Therapeutic 12" Inch HD Memory Foam Mattress with Cool AirFlow, Made with 5" of High Density Memory Foam, King Size?

Hi Mema,

The first place I would start any mattress research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the most informed and suitable choices.

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the materials inside it and if you can accurately find out the specific quality of all the layers in the SilverRest mattress you are looking at you will be in a much better position to make more meaningful comparisons for quality and value. You can see the guidelines I would suggest for memory foam mattresses in post #10 here.

In the case of the SilverRest here … the specs they list don’t add up to anything close to the shipping weight they list and I would strongly question whether the listing is accurate in terms of the specs they provide. The foam is also manufactured in China and there is nothing on either the SilverRest site or on the CertiPur site to indicate they are CertiPur certified. Post #6 here also has some further thoughts about them. A forum search on Silver Rest (you can just click this) will bring up more information about them as well. Overall I would put these in the “buyer beware” category unless they can clearly and reliably verify that the information they are providing is accurate and they can verify that they are CertiPur certified as well.

Phoenix

Still looking and feeling overwhelmed. Does anyone know of highly recommended local or family owned mattress stores in Anderson or Greenville South Carolina area?

Hi mema,

Some of the better options I’m aware of in the general Greenville, SC area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix