Short Listed Mattress Advice Needed (Ghostbed, Luxi, Oso)

Hi martoq,

Thanks for posting the specs they gave you.

They are the same as the specs they gave another member of the forum (see post #9 here) except they told you the density of the base foam is 2.0 lb density and they told them it was 1.8 lb density so I don’t know which of them is correct (although it’s also possible that they changed it since the other member’s post as well). Either way it wouldn’t make a meaningful difference in your BMI range.

There are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress or that would be a reason for concern for those that have a BMI under 30 although I would add a slight caution if your BMI is about 30 or higher (which you aren’t so it wouldn’t be relevant to you).

I don’t know who makes it but any type or blend of latex (either Dunlop or Talalay and made with either natural or synthetic rubber or a blend of both) would be a good quality and durable material relative to other types of foam materials and any type or blend of latex wouldn’t be a weak link in a mattress. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

It would be a version of blended Dunlop latex and it’s possible that it’s continuous pour Dunlop made by Latexco because I know they make a 20/80 blend but I don’t know this for sure.

Of course like any online purchase that you haven’t tried in person the only way to know whether one of the Luxisleep configurations will be a good “match” for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP will be based on your own personal experience.

You are certainly making a good quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix