Should I get a split latex mattress even though I sleep by myself?

Hi ritaelyn

For what it is worth, my story is eerily similar in someways. I’m a very “active” sleeper flipping from side to side during the night and generally sleeping in the middle as I use another pillow as a body pillow essentially (just for my arms).

The short version is I would recommend a solid single top layer. My post, with pics of my “split” issue is here

Earlier this year I replaced my 17 year old innersprings mattress with a Savvy Rest. I chose a split layer for many of the same reasons you listed - easier to move, configurability, etc. I had a firm dunlop bottom layer, medium dunlop split layer in the middle, and medium talalay split layer on top.

My sleeping position and activity during the night caused a ridge in the middle. It was never uncomfortable but unsightly and bothered me to no end. During my trial period I also realized medium talalay top layer was just a bit too firm for my liking. So I used their 90 day exchange period to exchange my top layer out for a soft talalay single solid layer. Absolutely love it.

I chose Savvy Rest over SleepEZ because they are relatively “local” to me (same state) and it has never felt right to me to test out Savvy Rest and engage them for assistance on their product when simply using it as a proxy to order from somewhere else. I know it is commonplace and in the age of the internet, we’ve all done that same thing to all brick and mortar stores (hence many of them closing). Not a judgment just part of my PPP as Phoenix would call it!