Silk and Snow Mattress

Hello,

I hope Silk and Snow responds. I can’t go forward with a purchase if the specs aren’t certain. We’l see.

Thanks,

Jewels

I guess no one has heard from Silk and snow regarding why they changes the transition layer from 2.7 to 1.8Lbs. With all the previous reviews reviewing 2.7lb layer its hard to tell how soft this mattress feels compared to the other foam beds before ordering. Does anyone know if this change will increase or decrease the overall “softness” of the mattress?

Hi sharphawk12,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

There is actually no way of knowing if this mattress will feel softer, or firmer without knowing the ILD of the foam. ILD and Density do not correlate exactly. Foam manufacturers can make a 1.8 density is multiple firmnesses. On the website I see no mention of the ILD of the 1.8# foam, and what the ILD was of the 2.7# foam.

That said, the main reason most retailers change these layers are usually driven by price increases, operationally efficiencies (trying to reduce stocking too many sku’s, i.e. not stocking 2.7lb anymore) and their desire to maintain their selling price points. We will continue to update the forum if and when we learn more.

Thanks,
Sensei