Similar mattress to Tempur-Pedic Coud Supreme

[quote=“Phoenix” post=69114]
The Tempurpedic Tempur-Cloud Supreme uses a poly core consisting of 5" of 2.0 lb. polyfoam, on top of which is placed 3" of 2.0 lb. polyfoam. Above this is 2.75" of 5.3 lb. Tempur memory foam, and this is topped by 1.2" of 4.1 lb. Tempur memory foam.

Phoenix[/quote]

I have seen two different variations of density specs for the Cloud Supreme on TMU, after pouring over tons of threads:

1.2" Tempur-ES
2.75" Tempur

and

2" Tempur-ES
2" Tempur

Is there any consensus as to which one is accurate? I do notice that the Cloud Supreme Breeze is listed as having 2" of each layer and wonder if that is where the confusion stems from. Of course, it could also be attributed to Tempur-Pedic changing their density at some point, as they did with the Cloud Luxe, though I’ve never seen such a change with the Cloud Supreme mentioned like it has been with the Cloud Luxe.

I am curious as to which is accurate, as it seems that a 1.2" ES comfort layer could be preferable to a 2" ES layer, for those of a heavier weight. What is interesting is that Relief-Mart says Tempur-Pedic modeled the Cloud Supreme after their bed, which would make the 2" ES + 2" Tempur combo make more sense for the Cloud Supreme.

At any rate, I am just trying to make sense of all of this as best as I can. I am 220 pounds and am heading back down toward the 200-210 pound range that I was prior to moving across the country and taking a lengthy break from working out. I have found the Contour models by T-P to be a bit on the firm side and worry about long-term comfort, especially with my wife being under 200 pounds. We’re now considering the Dreamfoam Sanctuary 13" mattress (formerly the 13" Gel model), with the 3" 4-lb comfort layer over the 2" 5-lb comfort layer. I don’t really want a 3" 4-lb layer, but the price is insanely low and the sleep trial and return policy are excellent.

We’re also looking at a discounted floor model of the Cloud Supreme. If the Cloud Supreme is 2" ES + 2" Tempur, I’m leaning Dreamfoam since there would be less of a difference than if the Cloud Supreme has a 1.2" ES top layer. If it’s a 1.2" top layer with a 2.75" Tempur layer, that means the mattress would possibly be more durable long-term and potentially suffer less of a sinking feeling over time.

This is all speculation, but we’re down to crunch time and a decision will be made in the next day or two. If we go with the Dreamfoam, end up returning it, and the Cloud Supreme floor model is no longer an option, it would at least have been a calculated risk that went the wrong way. Just trying to make sure I’m making the best calculated risk that I can. Once we go Cloud Supreme, there will be no recourse, as it is a floor model with no sleep trial. The nice thing is that it’s been on the floor for eight months and is likely to have been broken in fairly well, so we may have a decent idea of what it will feel like long-term.

Hi 560andrising,

From numerous reviews from other sites and on TMU, I seem to see that the version that is 2" and 2" has been reviewed more often at the end of 2018. Other members may have different more updated information.

Regarding durability, I would agree with your assumption of the 2.75" of Tempur transition layer, assuming it is a higher density, would provide better durability. It is always good to continue to track Tempur’s specifications, as they are very “close to the vest” about giving transparent information.

Thanks again,
Sensei

Oh, so Tempur-Pedic may have changed the layers over time. It’s too bad that they aren’t open about their construction. A 1.2"-2.75" configuration would make the Cloud Supreme a much better option for higher-BMI sleepers than the 2"-2" version. Thank you for the information!