Similar Options to Berkeley Ergo Latex

Bounced around today at lunch and hit the local OMF in Raleigh and determined I liked the Serenity Latex at OMF quite a bit.

Went to another store, Organic Bedroom and really enjoyed the Berkeley Ergo Zoned Latex model. 100% Natural Talalay Latex Mattresses > Berkeley Ergonomics

Is there anything out there that might be similar to the Berkeley Ergo, at a better price?

Hi davo32683,

OMF makes some mattresses that use high quality materials. The Serenity uses a polyfoam core (I’m not familiar with the density), with latex of differing ILD on either side (it’s a two-sided mattress).

The Berkeley Ergonomics (BE) Ergo zoned latex mattress uses 100% natural Talalay from Radium, and it is one-sided. The 6" latex core has some zoning to it, or can be ordered un-zoned. This is topped with 2" of Talalay. The cover is organic cotton and organic wool quilted together. Many of these models are shown on their slatted base, which can also influence the comfort of the mattress. I think highly of Berkeley Ergonomics and their products.

Finding products that are similar to the BE isn’t too difficult, as there are quite a few component latex mattress systems available, with many of what I feel are the best in the industry offered by the site members listed in post #21 here. They are all very experienced and knowledgeable and specialize in providing the type of help and guidance on the phone that can help you make good choices, and I have confidence in their quality, value, service, and transparency.

Hopefully that gives you a good place to start in your search.

Phoenix

Hi davo32683,

Thanks for taking the time to post those specifications of the Original Mattress Factory Serenity Plush latex mattress and confirming their current specifications! I’ll list the specifications here to make it easier for people to reference:

Two-sided mattress.
Blended Talalay on one side 16-22 ILD (Talalay Global)
Blended Talalay on other side 21-27 ILD (Talalay Global)
Polyfoam core 2.5 lb density.

The photos on the OMF web site show five layers of foam within this mattress, but I am not sure if this is correct, and they also list the latex as being in 3" layers and the finished mattress as being approximately 10.5" thick. The mattress also uses a 4-fold torsion-modular flexible working foundation. The materials used in this mattress would be durable and higher quality.

Phoenix