Simmons warranty issue

I have a question. I had a 6 year old Simmons mattress which I had put a claim in last year and it was replaced. They no longer made the item so we upgraded to their Natural Care line. Here we are a year later and running into similar issues. The bed has over 1" depressions again. I looked up their law tag codes and according to my mattres which was code:O normal was considered anything under .75". So I filed a second claim with Simmons and it was denied. They are stating an error was made in making the law tag and it should have been a code:N which required more than 1.5" impressions. My question is how do I know they aren’t just trying to get out of the warranty? Shouldn’t they honor it if the law tag is still intact if it was an error on they’re end?

Hi shukie6,

I looked around the internet and I couldn’t see anything which indicated what the warranty code was for the Simmons Natural Care mattresses but I would guess that they are correct that it “should have been” an “N”.

Having said that … I would also have hoped that if your law tag said “O” that they would honor their mistake.

This is one of those instances where your only recourse may be legal advice because I don’t know whether they would be legally bound to honor a mistake in the law tag.

Phoenix

Thanks so much. Yeah, they refused to make good on their mistake. I’m going to file a complaint with the attorney general. See how it goes. Thanks again!!

Hi shukie6,

Unfortunately the major brands tend to be more responsive to their accountants than they are to the consumers who buy them :angry: .

I hope you have the chance to let us know if you have any updates to your situation.

In the meantime … some of the information in post #4 here may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

I will definitely keep you posted. Thanks so much for post 4 too, it was very helpful. I’m gonna try some of the remedies in the meantime