Simplified Choice Mattresses aka Disruptors, Bed In A Box, One Choice Fits All, Universal Comfort, Millennial Mattresses

[quote=“Phoenix” post=53549]
Loom & Leaf by Saatva:

This is a new memory foam mattress made by Saatva that uses 2" of 4 lb convoluted gel memory foam on top of 2.5" of 5 lb memory foam on top of a 2" transition layer and a 5.5" polyfoam base layer that they say is between 1.5 - 1.8 lb density. They won’t disclose the density of the bottom two layers (see post #2 here) so I would treat them both as 1.5 lb density. They also use a thin lumbar layer of soft solid gel (not gel foam) on top of the gel memory foam for additional temperature regulation and to add additional zoning support under the heavier parts of the body that for some people can help with alignment. Their cover is a blend that includes organic cotton and is quilted with 5/8" of polyfoam. The top layers generally are generally good quality and durable materials although the 4 lb gel memory foam is convoluted which is less durable than a solid layer so while there would be no obvious weak links based on the density of the foams for more average weight ranges … I would be cautious for those that are in higher weight ranges (more than the low 200’s or so) or perhaps even a little lower than this because of the lower density polyfoam layers and the 4 lb convoluted gel memory foam in the top layers.[/quote]

Hi, Phoenix, thanks for your great site. I have a question about Loom and Leaf.

Prior to visiting this site, I was leaning towards L&L “relaxed” mattress. After reading the above, I chatted with a L&L representative. Responding to a series of questions, he told me the following:

The bottom support base is a high density foam that is higher than 1.8 lbs per cubic foot… We have a transition loft pad above the bottom layer that has density between 1.3 and 1.8. The bottom layer would be denser… All of our mattresses are designed to support 300 lbs on each side… Our mattresses are designed to last 10-15 years under normal use. Any durability issues would be covered under your 15-year warranty.

My wife and I are 120 and 170 lbs, respectively. We are predominantly side sleepers. Given our weight and the representations made by L&L, do we still need to be cautious?

Thanks!