sinking all latex highly expensive dual latex king mattress

Approximately 6 months ago we purchased a king size all natural combo - both types of latex mattress with an all natural organic wool cover. we noticed after the first month that there were significant sagging on both sides with a very pronounced center hard area. the company has a 10 year warranty. This company is local to area and not a “chain mattress store” - they were excellent in inspecting the bed and did a full replacement stating it was a bad piece of latex. Ik so I believe them UNTIL my replacement mattress has done the same thing and it is only 3 months and worse than the first. I am contacting them today. From everything I read on your site and others this does not sound like what I am to expect with this caliber mattress - cost over $3000 gulp gulp! I understand one might get some body indentations but we are experiencing more like canoes or an old saggy mattress. we upgraded to this for back comfort and durability- plus a latex mattress will fit up our narrow stairway in an antique new england home - what to do now! I am afraid we may need to settle for two twin innerspring mattresses. we are so frustrated and disillusioned! you had mentioned this company as a good one - what would be your suggestions for us? Thank you! P.S I can submit a picture if you would like to see it.

Hi mdstuker,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Unfortunately you haven’t provided any information about your body type and sleeping positions, the mattress you purchased (the specifics of all the layers), or the retailer/manufacturer you purchased from so there aren’t really any meaningful suggestions I can make without more information.

It sounds like your mattress may be too soft for you and if that’s the case there are some generic suggestions in post #4 here that may be helpful. I would also check the foundation or support system under your mattress as well because it could be part or all of the reason for some of the issues you are having (it may be worth trying the mattress on the floor to see if it makes any difference).

A picture along with more information would certainly be helpful.

Phoenix