Slatted Foudnation

Hi Phoenix,

I recently bought an wooden slatted foundation (King Size) from Mattress.net that has 2.5’“gap between the slats and so is the width of each slat. Now, since this is a collapsible foundation the slats are rolled-up without proper fixation to the frame, I guess there is but I yet have to talk to the manufacturer. I’m concerned that it might affect the mattress and would like your opinion on it. Th mattress is 12” all latex.

Also, do you think the slat width is good enough and attached is the frame picture.

I shall share my mattress journey with the community soon enough.

Thanks,
Ashwin.

Hi ashwinivin,

[quote]I recently bought an wooden slatted foundation (King Size) from Mattress.net that has 2.5’“gap between the slats and so is the width of each slat. Now, since this is a collapsible foundation the slats are rolled-up without proper fixation to the frame, I guess there is but I yet have to talk to the manufacturer. I’m concerned that it might affect the mattress and would like your opinion on it. Th mattress is 12” all latex.

Also, do you think the slat width is good enough and attached is the frame picture.[/quote]

Your foundation is certainly a suitable choice and is one of the foundations that I suggest for an all latex mattress in the foundation post here.

While it’s not really necessary … you can also screw the slats to the foundation frame if you wish (I would pre-drill guideholes first to make sure the slats don’t split). You can see their comments about it on their page here

Phoenix

Perfect! Thank you!!