Slatted Queen Bed Frame w/ NO Middle Support Leg

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I’ve been researching for hours…

I’m looking for a bed frame that can support a Queen mattress with no box spring or bunkie board. Easy right? Well, no - because I don’t want it to have a middle support leg. I have some large sliding closet doors that I need to store underneath by bed, so I need to have the middle part clear. Its very difficult to find this but I think possible.

I have ordered this from Wayfair and it will arrive next week - https://www.wayfair.com/Grantec-International-Inc-Dura-Wood-Slat-and-Metal-Platform-14-Mattress-Foundation-GNTC1008.html - it does not appear to have a middle support leg in the Queen size. I’d like a 8"+ clearance, if possible. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Anything from IKEA? (its hard to tell because their website is terrible). Thanks!!

-Natalie

Hi jewel2316,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

If you scroll down to the section entitled SLATTED PLATFORM BEDS in the foundation thread here, there are many options that have platform beds without a center leg. I just found over a dozen briefly clicking through there. Savvy Rest also has a few nice ones available (Esmont and Afton).

Regarding Ikea, their bases usually use a head to toe steel beam without a leg. I know it can be confusing to figure things out from their photos, but if you are on a page for a particular platform bed on their site and if you click on the “Assembly & Documents” tab next to the tabs for “Product Details”, “Environment & Details” and “Package Details”, it will show you the assembly instructions for any product in which you have an interest and then you’ll be able to find out exactly what the product contains.

I think with a few clicks you’ll be able to come up with quite a few options, many of which will also be sturdier than the item you currently have on order.

I’ll be interested to learn if you find anything else that suits all of your needs.

Phoenix

Hi there, sorry to revive an old topic, but I have the same dilemma as Natalie, and I’m considering buying the same frame from wayfair… I’m curious to confirm, when the frame arrived, did it indeed not have a middle support leg? Any thoughts on the frame in general?