Sleep deprived. Research overload. Please help. Latex.

I ordered the Rendezvous. Will it sleep exactly how I want it toā€¦well, probably not. But the materials are super solid, one would think it should last at least ten years, be a little less susceptible to sag as compared to Temper and Aireloom and it should be a mattress that is well above average in terms of promoting proper sleep posture/tension/all that good stuff.

While I do risk not knowing exactly how it sleeps, I am getting a mattress that might have cost almost twice as much with a ā€œname brandā€.

Thanks for everything and I PROMISE to write two reviews of the mattress for the forum. The initial upon delivery and a follow-up review a few months down the road. I realize comfort is subjective, but knowing someone else is satisfied with a particular mattress does go a long way towards comforting a potential buyer who will never have a chance to ā€œtestā€ such a mattress for themselves.

Hi NeedABedASAP14,

I couldnā€™t agree more with all the points you made ā€¦ and you certainly ended up with a great quality/value mattress.

So congratulations on your new mattress ā€¦ and Iā€™m certainly looking forward to your feedback when youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a while :slight_smile:

Thanks as well for sharing all your questions and feedback along the way.

Phoenix

During my research I felt the same way on a 100% latex. I chose a hybrid 12.5 individual coil with 6 in Talalay latex they high density type. They make different densities in Talalay latex. You will know just by laying on it and cost. It is covered with bamboo and sewn with Kevlar . The maker is Lebeda a smaller company that sells direct and customizes. It is adjustable bed base compliant and has coils. It was by far the best it is edged with a small foam frame but uses a box on the coil. It has a 730 day comfort guarantee plus the 15 non pro rated warranty. Got into that a little bit but the owner said,hereā€™s customers who own the bed ask them ( being nice not rude). The owner said if you call with an issue I ask what would you like us to do. They will firm up or soften it up or whatever within 730 days. I figured that was good enough. So maybe a hybrid is what you need.

Chief,

That sounds like a really nice mattress. I went to the website, almost looks like the Natural Elegance I was considering from a local bedding store. Do you have it now? If so, how do you like it?

I do think a hybrid will be best for me. The 100% latex of every Pure Latex Bliss model I tried didnā€™t work for me and in general, memory foam can swallow me a little more than I would like. If the memory foam isnā€™t swallowing me, then it was too hard and I just couldnā€™t get comfortable. With pure memory foam (without even a quilted top), I also worry about sag issues. I know very few memory foam owners (pure memory foam and nothing else) whose mattress didnā€™t get major sag impressions within three or four years.

If I am going to spend more than four or five hundred bucks on a mattress, I want it to stay in decent shape for ten years or so. Thatā€™s probably a little more important to me than 100% comfortability.

Once the Rendevous comes, either I will be vindicated for having done a crapload of research and really thought about the purchaseā€¦or I will feel like an idiot for buying something so expensive online. So long as it is reasonably comfortable and appears as if it will be with me for the long-haul, I expect the former more than the latter. But that is the risk you take in the mattress games.

Canā€™t wait to sleep on a real bed again,
Tired

Hello Forum,

As promised, I wanted to come back to review my Rocky Mountain Mattress (RMM). I purchased the Rendevous.

My mattress configuration:

2" of Supersoft Foam ILD 12
4" (2 separate 2") of 5lbs l Memory Foam ILD 14
1.5" of Ultracel Convoluted Foam Density 1.8 ILD 28
1" of Firm Latex 32ILD
5.5" of Bayer Ultracel Extra Firm Polyurethane for Lumbar Support ILD 36 2.4 density
Sides heavy duty extra support

The total was a tick over $1900.

In terms of Tempur comparisons, I believe the Rendezvous is meant to compare to the Tempur Rhapsody. Having tried all the Tempur models a few times, I would say that my bed DEFINITELY has just a little more sink (which I like) than the Rhapsody. Also, itā€™s just a different feel. A better feel in my opinion. In terms of softness levels, I would compare my bed more to the Supreme Breeze (which is a little stiffer than the Supreme Breeze without the gel top).

I have had the mattress for about a month now and I am VERY pleased. After a lot of research, I ended up realizing I did want memory foam because I felt on latex (yes, I physically tried all Latex Bliss models) I was laying completely ā€œon topā€ of the bed. That said, I was very worried about a few things with memory foam:

1. Near future sag issues (I hopefully remedied this by doing a lot of research and choosing a company that uses very high quality memory foam materials. I also went ā€œharderā€ on the lower layers to help with future sag.

2. Some memory foam, while a delight to sink into, simply couldnā€™t be that good for support? So, at least that is what I think. The Temper Luxe for example is like sinking into heaven at first. But I could see how support could be an issue. Again, I went harder on the lower layers and while soft, this bed doesnā€™t swallow you whole like quicksand.

3. I wanted memory foam within a ā€œbedā€ look. I think brands that allow you to switch out memory foam parts are cool, but I am thinking the bed canā€™t be as sturdy if you can unzip and just start willy nilly start taking out different pieces of the bed. I also feel like memory foam encased in a bed shell gives more edge support than a tempur and I was right. This bed has very solid edge support for a memory foam bed. You can sleep almost to the edge. With two people on a queen - edge support can be pretty important.

4. I think a memory foam within a mattress is less likely to sleep hot or cold. I have noticed that the bed sleeps just a little warm - but itā€™s winter here, and clearly it isnā€™t an issue.

The bed is really great and I am very happy. Without question, unequivocally, I am falling asleep quicker, sleeping more soundly and feel a little more refreshed in the morning. Itā€™s a great feeling at night to lay my weary bones to sleep.

I spent a lot of time researching mattresses and visiting local mattress stores. To the point where people started to question my sanity. But it was all worth it. You spend a a sh*tload of time on a mattress!

I hope this review helps someone out there! Good luck.

Hi NeedABedASAP14,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback in such great detail ā€¦ I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Itā€™s great to see that your new mattress is working out so well for you!

Phoenix

I have finally got 30 days on my new LEBEDA bed. I purchased the individual 12 gauge spring with 1200 coil rate for a king with no assumed rate like some of the big companies. It had 6 in of Talalay latex on it wrapped in a bamboo cover.

Well for about a week it was a little harder than I liked but knew that the store model was perfect and that mine would take some time to loosen up. I didnā€™t sleep bad and could really tell the difference because every morning I woke up I had no pain my hand didnā€™t fall asleep or on and on. I felt great but it was still hard to fall asleep because it was a little firm, now understand itā€™s firmness is nothing compared to a memory foam posterpedic. But I was used to a lot softer but knew that was not the best for me. I liked an all foam bed as well before I bought the latex. It was softer but I feared it would fall apart down the road because of the different layers of different foams and latex.

So what I did was create my own bed!! I added a 2 inch less Dense cooling jell memory foam topper not real dense just one of those Sams club models. I layer that on top of my latex that was already covered added a sheet set on that and oh my goodness. It is absolute perfect,perfect,perfect! Down the rode after more breaking in a bit I may take it off than but we will see. This is a great bed and with box springs built so that you can drive a truck over it and custom 4 in because the matress is 20 in by itself cost me around 3000.00 tax and all of course.

Hi cuttinchief,

Thanks for the update I appreciate it.

Iā€™m glad to see that things are working out so well for you ā€¦ especially since you added the topper :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Absolutely perfect, I think I could just stay in bed all day.haha