Sleep Ez-Dunlop or 100% Natural Talalay ?

Dear Phoenix,
I’ve settled on Purchasing my latex mattress from Sleep Ez and even settled on the mattress configuration based on my conversation with Shawn yesterday who was very helpful.
I also thought I had settled on my choice of latex process which is their “Natural” 100% Dunlop latex. The reason for this is thinking that the Dunlop process creates a slightly firmer, denser latex overall which in my mind translates into durability, support and longevity over the long term vs the Talalay process which from what I understand has a slightly softer feel and why it is often used in the top comfort layers. The issue for me now after reading the information tab on Sleep Ez site is choosing between their Organic line that offers the 100% Natural Talalay process, because it seems to suggest that the manufacturing method is superior in that it creates a more uniform product with better cell structure… Or , staying with my original choice of Dunlop process. I don’t really care about whether a mattress is organic or not. I’m just interested in which process provides the superior product in terms of support and longevity. I’m not interested in their blended Talalay choice. Please correct me if my thinking is skewed here. Again I believe they are both superior latex, just would like to know if one process has an advantage over the other not in terms of comfort but in terms of durability. Thanks so much for your responses.

Hi AlaskaGirl,

There is more about Talalay vs Dunlop in post #7 here and more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

I would treat the choice between them as a preference choice based on which one you tend to prefer in terms of their feel and response rather than a “better/worse” choice and eliminate durability as a factor in choosing between them.

Phoenix

Thank you for all of your help. Having this website has been an invaluable tool. I look forward to sending an update once we receive our mattress.

Hi AlaskaGirl,

I’m glad the site could help you … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

ADDED: The update is in a new topic here.