Sleep EZ

Hi all,

I just wanted feedback on anyone that’s purchased a Sleep EZ bed. I’ve browsed this forum and done a lot of research. I know a lot of the basics of memory foam vs. latex. Dunlop vs. Talalay. Natural vs. blended, etc.

I just ordered the Latex Select Sleep 7. I believe this used to be called the Sleep EZ 7000. I chose the 3’’ natural dunlop firm base with 3’’ of medium talalay latex ontop. I weigh 175-180 lbs and am 5’7 1/2. I mostly sleep on my stomach/side, rarely my back. I typically like support but with a bit of cushion ontop.

The only thing that worries me, is that it’s hard to find reviews for Sleep EZ. It seems that their materials are top quality (organic cotton, wool, latex international).

Insights? I ordered a Queen for around 1,135 including shipping, tax, 2 free shredded latex pillows.

We’ve had a SleepEZ latex mattress for 2 years now. I think they are of excellent quality and are a great company to deal with. We have a 3" layer of firm dunlop, a 3" layer of medium dunlop and 2" of soft talalay on top. This wasn’t quite soft enough so we added another inch of extra soft dunlop from sleeponlatex.com later. I prefer the feel of dunlop to tallalay because I find it less jiggly, but that is a personal preference. Our mattress is no different today after sleeping on it 2 years than it was new. I personally have found I don’t like latex as well as an innerspring mattress and plan to make a change, but I only have good things to say about SleepEZ and the quality of their materials.

Hi pawago,

[quote]I just wanted feedback on anyone that’s purchased a Sleep EZ bed. I’ve browsed this forum and done a lot of research. I know a lot of the basics of memory foam vs. latex. Dunlop vs. Talalay. Natural vs. blended, etc.

The only thing that worries me, is that it’s hard to find reviews for Sleep EZ. It seems that their materials are top quality (organic cotton, wool, latex international).[/quote]

As you probably know from your reading here SleepEZ is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

There is some good information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Outside of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) … the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability and the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. As you probably know all the materials in all of the SleepEZ mattresses are high quality and durable materials (100% natural Dunlop and blended Talalay in your case which are both very high quality and durable materials) and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them that would affect the durability or useful life of any of their mattresses.

While other people’s comments or reviews about the knowledge, service, and guidance of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would generally avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would certainly include SleepEZ) who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

A forum search on SleepEZ (you can just click the link) will also bring up several thousand posts with many more comments and feedback from the members here about them as well.

Most importantly of all … congratulations on your new mattress :). You certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback about how you like it once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix