Sleep Nation Denver beds any good??

Hi. My husband and I are researching a new mattress. We are both heavy set (me heavier than him) and are chemical sensitive. He has been experiencing pain with our current mattress for years. Me, I have a high pain tolerance and run hot, like a furnance, at night. Him, low pain and heat tolerance. I’ve read your tutorial and many related posts. I’m specifically looking bed offered by Sleep Nation in Denver, a specialty sleep store that offers “green” options (is does this mean chem free?). I am interested in their latex/foam hybrid options, but the one I am looking at only has 4" of foam. Given our weights, will this support us long term? Also, I’m worried about these beds not letting go of heat. Have any knowledge of /advice about these eco hybrid beds given our needs? http://www.mysleepnation.com/mattresses/memory-foam-mattresses/polo-club-dr
Thank you!!

Hi rodobec,

You can see my thoughts and comments about Sean and My Sleep Nation in post #2 here and in the Denver list in post #2 here. A forum search on sleepnation (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

Post #2 here has more information about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and green mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry that can help you differentiate between them and decide on the types of materials you are most comfortable having in your mattress and help you answer “how safe is safe enough for me”.

[quote]Me, I have a high pain tolerance and run hot, like a furnance, at night.
Also, I’m worried about these beds not letting go of heat. Have any knowledge of /advice about these eco hybrid beds given our needs? www.mysleepnation.com/mattresses/memory-...tresses/polo-club-dr[/quote]

There is more about the many variables that can affect temperature regulation and sleeping temperature in post #2 here that can help you decide on which type of mattress materials and bedding has better odds of keeping you in a more neutral temperature range. While most people would probably be fine in terms of sleeping temperature on the mattress you are considering … for those that are closer to the oven end of the “oven to iceberg range” then a mattress that uses thicker layers or memory foam or gel memory foam in the comfort layers would have have higher odds of sleeping warm over the course of the night than other types of foam materials.

There are also too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to predict whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or theory at a distance and the only way to know this with any certainty would be based on your own careful and objective testing or your own sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). There is more about primary and secondary support and their relationship to pressure relief in post #4 here and in post #2 here. If your testing or experience indicates that a mattress keeps you in good alignment in all your sleeping positions then it would be “supportive enough” for you and if it doesn’t then either the comfort layers or the support layers would be either too firm or too soft for your body type and sleeping positions (materials that are either too soft or too firm can both lead to poor support under different parts of the body).

There is also more information in post #3 here that may be helpful for those that are in higher weight ranges.

Phoenix