Sleep Science Black Diamomd VS Tempflow

Hello Phoenix-it’s been quite awhile since we communicated. Several years ago I was researching TempFlow pretty hard. I am still in the market. 3 weeks ago I finally had a Fusion L5-S1…so now more than ever I have to get a new bed. I have put it off like 3-4 years. I talked to Dr. Rick last week at Tempflow and when he gets back in town next week we will try and put something together. In the mean time I’m still researching as much as possible. If you could be provide your wisdom regarding the 2 diff beds below. Both would have Split King adjustable.

Sleep Science Black Diamond- They also have the ARA13" $2500
Standard King size features two individual Twin XL mattresses side by side, while the Queen size is one mattress
Bed frame not included
Headboard and footboard brackets are not included
Sleep Science comfort scale: Plush top layer with medium/firm support
11" Black Diamond Memory Foam Mattress fits the dimensions of your bed.
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 federal flammability (open flame) standards
Limited Warranty: 20 Years
Mattress cover sleeping surface is made with a bamboo blend fabric.
The cover is removable and washable.
Mattress top layer: 1" of proprietary 5 lb black diamond bamboo charcoal visco memory foam.
Second layer: 1" of proprietary 5 lb slumber tech visco memory foam.
Third layer: 2" of medium latex
Bottom layer: 7" proprietary support tech base foam.
Patented wedge, edge to edge Support System
Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
Visco memory foam conforms to your body to relieve pressure points and improve circulation
This mattress should rest upon a flat solid surface for best results.
First time visco memory foam sleepers, please allow 30-60 days to adjust to sleeping on a visco elastic memory foam mattress.
Visco memory foam is temperature reactive, therefore the mattress will react uniquely to each individuals body temperature.
The mattress is rolled and compressed for ease of delivery. There will be a slight foam odor when first opened. It will dissipate within 24-48 hours
Includes 2 wireless remotes so that each side can be controlled independently
Lifting capacity of 1400 lbs (700 lbs lifting capacity per each Twin XL adjustable base)
Split King (2 Twin Long) overall dimensions: 76" W x 80" D x 27" H; Weight 440 lbs

Tempflow Opluence

The Opulence™ uses our 2 inch thick top layer of our softest 5lb. SD™, ultra pressure sensitive, Biogreen® memory foam. Underneath this layer, we use our 3 inch thick, SD™-Comfort-Flex, ultra-resilient hybrid foam, for a comfortable and extra supportive transition layer. The combination of our soft Biogreen® and SD-Comfort-Flex layer will allow the mattress to be more instantly comfortable in all temperature environments, but still very supportive, instantly reactive and durable in structure. We then ventilate the Biogreen® and Comfort-Flex layers and place underneath it a HR (high resilient and high density) channel layer that enables us to have the extra firmness needed for proper support, while still retaining our Patented Airflow Transfer System™. We use a breathable and stretch forming, non-toxic, fire resistant sock over our foam and our proprietary luxurious Kool-Flow™ micro-vented cover that has been specially designed to allow for total breathability for use with our patented airflow circulation technology. Our micro-vented fabric is made with sustainable and renewable fibers knitted to the thickest and luxurious weave available and is weighted at 365 grams, compared to the other stretch forming fabrics that are much thinner material, with a weight of 225 grams. This works in synergy to keep your body temperature regulated all night long.

Hi jdeck66,

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

I hope that your surgery went well.

[quote]If you could be provide your wisdom regarding the 2 diff beds below
Sleep Science Black Diamond-[/quote]

You can see my thoughts about the Sleep Science 11" Black Diamond mattress in post #4 here.

While the information you posted doesn’t contain much meaningful information, overall it appears that the quality of some of the material is good (with the cautions I mentioned in the post I linked) but they are imported from China and don’t have any certification for VOC’s and off gassing which along with not knowing how long the mattress may have been compressed would be my main concerns (see post #6 here and post #2 here).

As you can see in post #9 here, and as you might remember from some of your other posts, I think highly of Relief Mart and Dr. Rick, they use good quality materials in their mattresses, and none of them have any weak links in their design.

The Opulence uses 2" of good quality 5 lb memory foam on top, then underneath that is 3" of poly foam, and beneath that is the 6" polyfoam core. The core is listed as high density and high resilient, which means it may be 2.5 lb density. While Tempflow uses good quality materials in their mattresses, you’d still want to confirm the density of all of the materials in this (or any other) mattress you might consider from them.

The other concern you would have would be what is recommended for your fusion surgery by your orthopaedic physician. Generally, the concern would be having something that provided adequate support and then “just enough” comfort material on top so as to not allow you to sink in too deeply. Whatever recommendations your surgeon provides should be passed along to Dr. Rick when you come up with a potential mattress design.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for your wisdom and turn to post

Hi jdeck66,

You’re welcome!

Phoenix