Sleepez 1000 or 1300

So my wife and I are looking a mattress and decided on sleep Ez. I’m 6 foot 165 my wife is 5 foot 2 100 pounds I’m a side sleeper and my wife is a back sleeper. we tried the latex bliss beautiful and world’s best And she preferred the beautiful and I prefer slightly firmer than the world’s best but softer than beautiful. I saw that the ild for top layer of beautiful is ild of 19 and been reading the soft from sleepez is 23/24.

My question is then does it cost extra to get a softer layer like 19 from sleepez? Should we do a 1000 or 1300? Would best emulation be an extra soft soft medium (firm if 13") for world’s best and what about her side beautiful emulation?

Hi Kkh42593,

It’s not really possible to “translate” one design into another unless you can match the type and ILD of all the layers, the thickness of each layer, and the type of cover as well but your preference for the Beautiful indicates that you prefer softer mattresses which can be a useful guideline.

Outside of your own personal testing … the best way to choose which mattress may be best for you is a more detailed conversation with SleepEz (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). They will be able to give you some good guidance about which of their mattresses you would likely do best with based on body type, sleeping positions, and your testing experiences.

With your weight it’s not likely that you would need 12" of latex although you may still prefer it (post #14 here has more about the effect of thicker layers and mattresses).

Sleepez doesn’t normally offer 19 ILD except through a custom order as far as I know but I would certainly ask them. The Beautiful has 3" of 21 ILD over 3" of 24 ILD over 6" of 36 ILD with a stretch knit cover but this is somewhat of a risky construction for most people because there is a lot of soft latex in the upper layers of the mattress. If you choose to go with something as soft as this I would make sure you have confirmed with very careful and objective testing for alignment that it works well for you and that you didn’t just test it for “comfort”. Their soft is in the range of 22 - 24 depending on the type of latex you choose and this is “in the range” of the top 2 Beautiful layers (ILD differences of a few ILD are not usually noticeable for most people). Their medium layers are in the 30 - 32 range (softer than the Beautiful 6" core) and their firm layers are in the 38 - 40 range (firmer than the Beautiful core) so these would be slightly different and change the feel and performance of the mattress as well. The layer thickness and approximate design of the 13000 would very close to the Beautiful if all the layers were the same type of latex and ILD but the cover is also different because the 13000 has a wool quilted cover which will affect the “feel” and performance of the mattress as well.

Overall the 13000 with similar layering would be the closest to the Beautiful that they have available but I would talk with them in more detail because it may be thicker than you really need and it may also also have too much thickness/softness in the top layers to be the most suitable choice (again unless you are completely confident that your testing was careful and objective enough to predict your long term experience on the mattress when you sleep on it.)

Phoenix