SleepEZ 10000 - experience rearranging layers?

Hi,

Many thanks to Phoenix and all the participants here, fills a huge gap in trying to understand the mattress buying process.

Wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with the SleepEZ 10000 (or 13000 perhaps) and rearranging layers to fine tune the set-up of the mattress. I’m interested in a king size model, possibly split, and curious to know if there really is flexibility in this type of arrangement. I understand that swapping layers is possible as well.

Thanks!

Hi sideways,

There are many forum members that have purchased one of their component mattresses and a forum search on SleepEz (you can just click this) will bring up hundreds of posts with more information and feedback including many of the members here who have either re-arranged the layers or done a layer exchange to fine tune their mattress.

This type of mattress design is very flexible and allows for many different combinations that can be fine tuned (or even used to make larger changes) both before and after a purchase. The only caution I would provide is to make sure that you handle the latex carefully if you are putting the mattress together or re-arranging layers because if you “pull” the layers or grab a handful and tug it can tear easily and it’s best to “wave” the layers into position and not pull on it.

If you aren’t able to test either a specific mattress or a mattress with a very similar design in person (same type, blend, and thickness of latex layers in very similar firmness levels with a very similar cover) to use as a reference point then a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer (in this case SleepEz) is the best way to decide on the initial choice of layers that have the highest odds of success for you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). Knowledgeable and experienced manufacturers like SleepEz will know more about their own mattresses and which configuration will likely be best for you “on average” than anyone else.

Split layering is also a great option to have for couples who have different body types or different needs and preferences (see post #2 here).

As you probably know … SleepEz is one of the members of the site which means I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service and they will work with you as much as necessary to make sure you are happy with your mattress.

Phoenix

Hi sideways,

My wife and I purchased a SleepEZ 10,000 and a mattress topper. It is scheduled to arrive Feb 10th. I will try to write an update once we receive it. Also we tried the SavvyRest and Shawn with SleepEZ said this is a comparable mattress to theirs although not an exact so there could be a different feel with some of the layering.

Many thanks for the feedback!

I’ll definitely consult with SleepEZ on their recommended configuration and have another go at searching the forums as well. Careful handling of the individual layers is good to know about. We are not terribly picky sleepers but also getting older/stiffer and that combined with an online purchase means assessing the risk ; ).

CentralPA would greatly welcome your feedback/experience after your mattress arrives and I’ll plan to report back here once we’ve gone through the process.

Cheers

Hi sideways,

I just wanted to let you know you can read the update on my Sleep EZ experience in my thread here.

I will also say even though I haven’t found my comfort layering 100% yet. I do like the fact that I have been able to swap layers around to try to adjust the comfort of the bed to my preference. Any other mattress I have ever owned before this, once you bought it there was no switching things up and making it better to suit your needs. I have been quite pleased with the Sleep EZ. Excellent customer service from the start with Shawn on the phone. Quick delivery, easy to set up, and it’s adjustable.

Be interested to hear how you made out sideways.

Hi,

CentralPA I read through your experiences and it’s really interesting to hear that you’ve been having issues around the shoulder area.

I’ll back up… So we received the SleepEZ 10000 one week ago. The set up process was exactly what others have described. Initially it seems as if there’s no way everything will fit inside the mattress cover and then lo and behold it all comes together. The process of ordering was great. Delivery was delayed b/c of the snow storm on the east coast but it all got here eventually. Went with standard F/M/S all talalay split in king size.

It’s been one week sleeping on the mattress. My wife was comfortable right away, been sleeping great. I’ve been struggling over the past week with a sore lower back and lack of sleep due to shoulder/arm going numb on and off. Last night we swapped layers from F/M/S → F/S/M on both sides. My thinking was that the softness was creating unevenness around the shoulders and a firmer set-up might help. Last night was the first night with the new arrangement so it’s too early to know but there might have been a slight improvement. I’ll report back in another week.

Along these lines… What is a good period of time to adjust to a new mattress like this, and what period of time is typical in terms of knowing whether a new layer arrangement will be comfortable over the long term? I imagine “it depends” is the answer but just wondering if anyone has experience/opinions on this.

Cheers

Hi sideways,

I would suggest 30 days on an initial configuration unless it is absolutely clear that it’s not going to work out. A good minimum would be at least two weeks whenever possible even though this is on the short side.

When you are dealing with changes to a mattress you will already have a reference point based on your initial configuration so you don’t need to spend a month with each one to identify the differences between them but I would spend long enough on each change to make sure that your experience isn’t an anomaly based on other things besides just the mattress. A week would usually be a good idea but at the very least I would use each combination for a few days (more than two) so that it’s more predictive of a longer term “pattern” rather than just an “instance”.

If you are well along into a series of multiple changes and are more familiar with the process and have learned to clearly identify the effects of smaller changes with accuracy then a couple of nights would be the absolute least amount of time I would use each configuration but this can still be misleading and be an “exception” to what you would experience over a longer period of time.

Phoenix