SleepEZ - 10000 or 13000

Hi all,

Called SleepEZ to ask final questions before making a purchase. The gentleman that helped me was great! Here’s some of the options he helped me decide on:

1. I was originally going to get the 100% Natural Talalay, but after speaking with him, I’m going to go with the blended talalay, as he stated it is more consistent and for most people is a better product unless having 100% natural is what you want. I was surprised, since I was comfortable paying the extra few hundred given the overall price and years of use the mattress will get.

2. I wasn’t going to get split levels (my wife is not picky, and could sleep 8 hours in a car). However he said that it is extremely rare that someone buys layers that aren’t split. He also assured me that we will not be able to feel the split in the middle (we likely will have same setup). I find that somewhat hard to believe. I trust him and will go with that, but anyone out there have any thoughts on this?

3. I’m going to get their cotton mattress protector. Seems like the upgrade in price to their wool protector isn’t really worth it (given my preferences of course). Anyone have any experience with their mattress protectors?

Now comes my final stumbling block before making the purchase. I was all set to get the 13000. I threw it out there and just asked his recommendation. He actually stated that the 13000 is almost a bit of overkill, and the 10000 has all of the latex one would need (I am 180 pounds, my wife is 120). He did say that he understands why people out of state go with the 13000, considering it does offer more layering options, if needed. So now I’m stuck. I don’t like to waste money (about $380 price difference), but I don’t want to regret not forking over the money if it would be beneficial in long run. Anyone have any thoughts?

Again, I can’t state enough how great SleepEZ has been so far. I don’t want to give his name, but if I knew he wouldn’t mind, I certainly would. Also, I am almost shocked at the price. It almost seems to good to be true. I looked at the S brands, and was about to spend $1,000 or so more. Same thing when I first looked at latex and was about to purchase the PureBliss for $3,500. It doesn’t sound right that I can spend so much less for a more quality product.

Thank you!
GeremiaUnit

Hi geremiaunit,

Not surprisingly considering their knowledge and experience … you are being given accurate information all around.

You can read more about the differences between 100% natural Talalay and blended Talalay in post #2 here. As they indicated … most people who order 100% natural do so because they prefer a more natural product for personal reasons … not because it is a better or “safer” material.

Again he is correct that with a suitable cover you won’t feel the split in the layers. There is more about split layers in post #2 here.

I don’t have any personal experience with their specific protectors but you can read more about the pros and cons of different types of protectors in post #89 here. If the one you are looking at is this one then it is one of the membrane type of protectors that will work well for most people that are looking for waterproof protection and that has little effect on the “feel” of the mattress.

Once again they are right that most people at your weights wouldn’t “need” a latex mattress that was thicker than 9" although some people may still prefer it. There is more about the pros and cons of a thicker latex mattress in post #14 here and more about the pros and cons of having more layers in post #2 here.

There is no problem mentioning names and you were probably talking with either Shawn or Jeremy … both of whom are very knowledgeable and experienced and provide great information and guidance to their customers. As you probably know from your reading on the site … there are many members that have been very happy with their purchase from SleepEZ and they are certainly a great quality/value choice. These types of savings compared to more mainstream manufacturers are the “norm” for the members here that have learned how and where to shop for a mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you for your help, Phoenix. And thank you to Jeremy.

All points are cleared up except that last one. I did read the linked post that you provided, Phoenix. If I am reading it how I believe you intended, then it seems that you would recommend the versatility that the 13000 offers, as opposed to the 10000. Is that correct. My gut initially said the 13000. But when when the company tells me that the more expensive version is probably a waste of money, I can’t help but second guess. So, I think I will leave it at this last question…Would there be any noticeable difference in the way the 13000 would feel/sleep (XF,F,M,S) as compared to the 10000 (F.M.S)?

For all of your assistance, I will certainly post a follow up after I receive the mattress to hopefully help any future undergrounders with their purchases. Promise!

Hi geremiaunit,

No not at all. I don’t make any specific recommendations because there are too many unknowns and variables involved (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). I only recommend that each person makes the choice that they believe is the best “match” for them in terms of PPP (Posture alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and all the other parts of their personal value equation that are most important to them. This would be especially true when it comes to preference issues that have very little to do with being “better or worse”. There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here.

I don’t think that they were telling you that it would be a “waste of money” as much as that in their experience they believe that there may not be “enough” difference between them to to justify the additional cost in your case. The top layers of a mattress (usually the top 3" to 6") make the biggest contribution to how a mattress “feels” (depending on body weight and sleeping positions) and since these would be the same in both cases (the top 3 layers or 9" would be the same) your body weight may not be enough to notice a significant difference with the additional XF layer on the bottom and even if you did notice a difference it may be more subjective and not something that you would describe as being either better or worse.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix