SleepEZ 13,000 Journal

Been a little over 1 month now.

I find the mattress a bit too firm around shoulder area for me but my wife seems to like her side with soft on top, as she is not saying much so I think that’s a good thing. I think I prefer the side with soft on top, still doesn’t feel super soft to me but I am concerned about durability with my weight so I will stick with the 2 mediums on my side, and although a bit firm I appreciate the support.

I had been using a ~2" cheaper memory foam topper on my side which seemed to work well and give shoulders pressure relief but it gave me feeling of maybe being out of alignment a bit too much so I ordered a 1" 5.3lb memory foam topper from foamorder and this feels nice without feeling of losing much support. I may try another 1" layer later, maybe a 1.5" would be perfect if they had that. Perhaps one day I will experiment with some thin super soft latex toppers but all these things cost money so it will be a slow experimentation process. I may try placing the 1" memory foam topper inside the cover if it will fit and see how that feels.

All in all I am happy with bed IF it maintains its support and doesn’t wear out for many years, at least 4-5 otherwise it will lose most merit.

jaybackintheday,

I’m considering purchasing a 1" or 2" 5.3 memory foam topper from foamorder too. Can you tell me your thoughts on this topper?
Does it have a strong smell and does it feel hot?

The topper had very little smell to me and I just put on my bed right away and slept first night with no notice of fumes.

This topper seems to retain little heat compared to my cheaper 2" memory foam topper, in large part because its only 1".

1" is quite thin and doesn’t do much for hip area but gives me just enough ‘cush’ in shoulder area and allows me to side sleep better even at ~260lbs so I imagine in a lighter person it may work even better.

The material moves back to shape slower than my faster reacting cheaper memory foam and is fairly soft. Med/Soft as described on webpage. I like it and will see how it works out before deciding whether to get another 1" layer.

So much for checking back the next day. Just call me Rip Van! Been sleeping so good, I just forgot to come back and post. :slight_smile: The mattress is awesome. My wife and I both love it. For us, it was a great purchase. The pillows I bought with it are also great. I purchased the solid latex layers and not the split ones. Another great move for us. I also got the additional 5% cash back by purchasing on my Discover. I can’t think of one negative thing to say, then again, I’m not a negative person.

I highly recommend anyone considering a latex mattress, to find a store that sells them and try it out before making a purchase. We did, but still took a chance buying over the internet. Our SleepEZ 13,000 has been well worth the money I spent. This website also helped me save 10% on my purchase, so I give a big “shout out” to themattressunderground.com. This is an awesome, unbiased resource to help make an important purchase.

Hi mdunbar,

Thanks for taking the time to come back and share your feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s great to see that your new mattress is working out so well for you.

Phoenix