SleepEZ guide accuracy

SleepEZ has a guide on their site that is supposed to help you decide on what each layer should be. I have decided on the series 10000 natural latex with all layers being Dunlop since I did not want a blended product. That may be due to marketing hype or me being old school but I can find no definitive reason to go with blended.

The guide recommended an extra firm/firm/med for me and a firm/med/med for my wife.

My question is have others here used the guide and has it been to your liking? I realize everyone is different but my gut would have been to go less firm if I were just guessing on my own so I want to know what others have experienced.

Thanks.

Hi tclamkin,

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here. Their Talalay also comes in blended and 100% natural versions. There is also more about the general differences between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here but the choice between different types and blends of latex is more of a preference and budget choice than a “better/worse” choice.

[quote]The guide recommended an extra firm/firm/med for me and a firm/med/med for my wife.

My question is have others here used the guide and has it been to your liking? I realize everyone is different but my gut would have been to go less firm if I were just guessing on my own so I want to know what others have experienced.[/quote]

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

I would avoid using any online guides because they are based on “averages” and not everyone fits inside the averages of other people.

Phoenix