SleepEZ having issues?

Hi there,

After coming across this site and reading all of the wonderful advice here, my husband and I decided that our next bed will be a latex mattress. We live in Orange County, CA, so last weekend we visited the Foam Sweet Foam showroom to get a better idea of what configuration we’d like. However, FSF is very expensive ($3000 + tax for a CA King) and the “salesman” wasn’t very forthcoming about offering information which made us uneasy… In fact, he decided to close the store 30 minutes early while we were still there and basically kicked us out. I’ve never met a salesman that reluctant to make a sale!

Anyway, we returned home and looked at SleepEZ since they are a member of this site. Their prices are better ($2400 - $2700 for a mattress comparable to FSF’s) and I don’t think we would have to pay CA sales tax. Plus there’s the mattress underground discount. But, portions of their website weren’t working, including the areas about their return policy and warranty. So I tried contacting them by email with my questions. I emailed the address they provide on their contact page ([email protected]) on Sunday and have yet to hear anything.

Does anyone know if a slow response is typical of the company? Are they having issues we should know about? Also I know a few people here have purchased mattresses from them. Are you happy with your purchase? Anything else I should know?

Thanks so much,
-Challe

Hi Challe,

In a word … no they are not having any “issues” :slight_smile:

I don’t know what happened with your email but a quick call will certainly reach them very quickly. In my experience … the best way to reach any smaller manufacturer is to call them on the phone. Emails are usually among the worst because they tend to be a lower priority than phone calls or customers that are there in person with most smaller manufacturers. They are also not a great way to get answers to more complex questions (even if they seem simple to a customer) because so many questions about mattresses have an “it depends” in the answer and often need more information to answer them with any accuracy or have more “complex” answers than most people may realize. A 10 minute phone call can usually cover more ground than writing or responding to an email that takes an hour. If you call them their response is typically “instant” and they are very easy to reach.

A forum search on SleepEz (you can just click this) will bring up many posts, reviews, information, and feedback about them.

They have been working on a new website for quite some time but it’s a slow process and not finished yet.

I’m not sure what page you were looking at but their warranty and return policy is here.

Phoenix

Thanks for your reply, Phoenix! I really appreciate it.

I typically don’t have much free time during the day to call, so email is much easier for me. Oh well. I’ll try calling them when I have a chance. =)

To relieve my info overload, I settled on a SleepEz mattress two days ago. So far everything has gone fine. Follow up phone call the same day, several emails, UPS tracking number, etc. I can’t speak for the mattress yet, but the service has been very responsive.

Nice to hear that you’ve had a good experience with them so far.

I’m new here and we are trying to figure out if we should get a mattress locally (SF Bay Area) or through SleepEZ

I just called and talked to Shaun and he answered all my questions very thoroughly. We will be going back to the local stores to find out the ILB of the latex on the beds that we are interested in to make better comparisons. It seems overwhelming and a lot of work, but I think I would like to go with SleepEZ, and want to get it right the first time!

How does the 5% discount work? Do we just mention that we are a member of the forum?

If you order online, mention the discount in the comments box of the order page. Mine was about $62 off the total.

Also, I was planning to go for the 13000 (thickest latex) instead of the 10000 but he said I’d never feel the difference. (I’m not heavy.)

I should mention, I’m resting much better now, even without the mattress, because I can finally stop comparing and worrying about choices! Aaah!

Surprisingly, I definitely noticed the difference between the 9" (Medium, Firm, XFirm) and 12" (Medium, Medium, Firm, XFirm) mattresses at FSF. I much preferred the 12" there, so I’m leaning towards SleepEZ’s 13000. My husband is a big guy (6’3" and 240#), so the extra layer probably makes sense for us anyways.

I’m of the opinion that very few people really “need” soft ILD latex. I think people tend to like to feel cushy soft and in the end it actually hurts them by lacking support.

I went Med over soft and have now moved teh soft layer deeper so I am Med/F/S/XF

I think med/med is probably my best match for upper layers, but I’m giving the latest config some time.

@ powerdog,

Congratulations on your new mattress :)… I think you’ve made a great choice and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it!

@ adriennej726,

I think I’ve covered (hopefully) most of your questions in my reply to your other post. As you know … you have some great quality and value options in the SF area. When you are testing locally your body will tell you much more than any “comfort information” (like ILD) or “theory” about what mattress best fits your own specific needs and preferences and local testing on the exact mattress you purchase is always the most “accurate” and “least risky” way to choose although there are some great online options as well. If you purchase online I would “build in” the expectation of a comfort exchange and treat it as a bonus if you don’t need it.

@ Challe,

As you can read in post #14 here … the thickness of a layer or a mattress can certainly make a difference … particularly with higher weights. In apples to apples terms … FSF and SleepEz are very comparable in price and value if you are comparing the same materials. SleepEz does offer some types of latex though … particularly blended talalay … that are lower cost and not available at FSF.

@TD-Max,

There is certainly some truth to this IMO as well … depending on how “soft latex” is defined. I think that there are so many “ultra plush” mattresses available today and there is such a focus on “showroom feel” that most people who test based on more subjective impressions of comfort will make choices that are too soft … and can end up paying the price in terms of alignment, overall quality of sleep, and durability down the road.

4 replies in one … not bad :slight_smile:

Phoenix