SleepEZ Kiss Mattress

Just ordered a Kiss mattress based on the quality of the materials and value Don’t know if I jumped to soon in ordering it, but I guess time will tell. In any case, other than a not so glowing review by a young couple on YouTube that is obviously running a “revenue” site as opposed to a review site, I have not really found any reviews on the Kiss mattress. Is it just to new? Just wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with this mattress and company? I know that mattress experiences are subjective, but I sure would like to hear some comments on others experience with ordering, using, and/or returning this mattress. I will gladly share my experience with this mattress once I get it and use it for a few weeks. Thanks.

Hi pdunc,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you certainly made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

I would imagine that it’s partly because it is fairly new and perhaps mostly because they haven’t promoted or marketed it as aggressively as many of the other online companies. For example they don’t believe in providing free mattresses to most of the review sites for them to review (it’s not something that they believe in doing for the same reasons that I’ve outlined in some of my forum comments about these types of so called “review sites” in general) so they don’t have an online profile that is nearly as visible as many of the other “simplified choice” mattresses.

Phoenix

Actually, according to that YouTube couple, that is exactly what the SleepEZ company did. They approached and provided that couple with a Kiss mattress to do a comparison video. They do a lousy comparison, but are cute and comical while doing it. In any case, neither liked the Kiss mattress, One preferred the Casper, the other the Leesa. Looking forward to forum members who sleep on a Kiss to give their comments.

Hi pdunc,

I think it’s the more well known “review sites” that they have a bigger issue with. Most manufacturers that make “simplified choice” mattresses think of them as somewhat of a “necessary evil” or “poison pill”.

Phoenix

An other question. What is the difference between the Kiss bed “float” foam and memory foam? On their site, they refer to their float foam as a “memory foam”. Has it been around long enough to determine that it is durable? I guess that I just don’t understand where the cut off point is between a poly foam and memory foam.

Hi pdunc,

The float foam is a high performance high density polyfoam that has many of the properties of memory foam but without the slow response and very low resilience of memory foam. In other words it doesn’t leave a hand print when you push on the material.

The Float Foam is 4 lb density and with polyfoam I would generally look for a minimum density of 1.8 lbs/ft3 (2 lb/ft3 for higher weight ranges) while with memory foam I would generally look for a minimum density of 4 lbs/ft3 (5 lbs/ft3 for higher weight ranges).

There is more about high performance polyfoam in post #2 here.

Phoenix