SleepEZ latex mattress review

Well, I slept with 3" soft topper as my second layer for a couple of days. I was still noticing my hips were sinking down into the mattress and I have had a new sharp pain in my lumbar since I got this bed and dull aches in my lower back when I wake up.

So last night I removed the the soft topper all together and just slept on m/f/f and my wife was on s/m/f.

I still woke up with lower back pain, though I seemed to sleep better. My wife complained when she woke up that her back hurt. But she is 9 months pregnant so we have to take her opinion with a grain of salt.

I still feel my hips sinking down further than my shoulders and it is still uncomfortable for my shoulders. A medium firmness is not a very comfortable comfort layer in my opinion. Is there some kind of topper I can add that is comfortable but won’t affect my hips/shoulders negatively? I thought the bed I tried out at the store was super comfortable, but it had a 4" 15 ild layer on top. I’m sure my back would have been killing me in the morning, but I sure loved the feel.

To be honest, the most comfortable I have been and the best pain free sleep I have received was when I put that soft topper on my old spring mattress.

I read about Bowles HD series in this thread.https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/so-i-walked-into-a-mattress-store-today

I drive by Longs Furniture World in Franklin for work. I wanted to try those out, but got hooked on the latex idea and wouldn’t let go. I wonder if their HD series might be a better fit considering my PPP?

I feel so fickle now and if I return this bed my wife is likely to kill me, but I want soft comfort but great support. I don’t think I will get this from an all latex mattress at my weight.

What do you think Phoenix? Also, do you know what the cost is for their HD King set?