SleepEZ latex one month mattress review

I wanted to give an update of our SleepEZ latex mattress after approx. a month sleeping on it.

Our SleepEZ mattress arrived in less than a week from when we ordered it, was well packaged, and easy to put together (I recommend the Flobeds video on youtube for the same type of mattress, which gives a lot of helpful detail). The stretch mattress cover is very nice- comfortable to the touch, high quality, and easy to get everything zipped into. Since it stretches to fit the mattress, there is no sensation of the mattress rounding down at the edges as some have described with other latex mattress covers, it is perfectly flat and you donā€™t lose any of the softness of the latex from it.

When we got our mattress put together and set up, we could not believe how perfect it felt. It was soft and cushy but totally supported our backs, keeping the spine aligned. We both said, if weā€™d tested anything like this in a store, weā€™d have bought it right off! Nothing we tried in-store was near this comfortable. We are both approaching 60 and have racked up various injuries over the years, so we are sensitive to spinal alignment, support and comfort.

When I went to bed that night, the mattress felt a little cold to me but I switched on my electric blanket and waited to warm upā€¦ and waitedā€¦ and waitedā€¦ This is good news to those of you who sleep hot but I have a hard time keeping warm. After a few hours I realized I was never going to warm this mattress up! I was absolutely freezing. I had my blanket set on high but underneath me the mattress was staying cold. I did finally get to sleep but woke early with a back spasm. I think being cold for so long had caused the muscles to clench, finally.

The next night, I turned on my electric blanket early to hopefully preheat the mattress. It did not really ā€œheat upā€ but was warm enough. Climbing into bed, the mattress felt so great to me, so perfect and so relaxing. I thought I would drift right into dreamland but after about an hour I realized something about it was bothering me and my muscles could not relax, I could not go to sleep! Instead of relaxing, my muscles kept getting more and more tense. What was it about this mattress? I realized then, it is the feel of the latex, which has been described as ā€˜jello-likeā€™ or ā€˜jigglyā€™: I have compressed nerves from disk damage in my spine and the nerves in these areas send out a sort of buzzing, vibrating sensation and frequently tiny spasms, which are very unpleasant. I have learned to tune these sensations out, for the most part. The latex, however, was acting like a medium that was picking up and amplifying every sensation, bringing them to my attention. Even before I consciously realized it, my body was feeling it and my muscles were tensing up, trying to make it stop. It was an infinite loop, an awful feeling, and after awhile I could not take it anymore, and went to sleep on memory foam on the floor. Immediately I could tell the difference as the sensations died into the dense memory foam and faded away from my consciousness. I am wondering if this may be why a lot of people like the feel of a layer of wool over the latex? Maybe it dampens that jello-like feel somewhat? I wish I was not allergic to wool and could try it. Our bottom 2 layers are Dunlop and the top is Tallalay; I canā€™t say whether there is a difference in the jello-like feel between them. We tried rearranging the layers to put Dunlop on top but it was too firm to sleep with it that way, so we put it back as it was and I couldnā€™t get a feel for it.

The next night we put the memory foam topper (3" 4lb) on the bed. I am not a fan of memory foam overall because I donā€™t like the swamping feeling of sinking into a hammock shape, but it was dense and smothered the sensations coming from my back and also it held some heat so I stayed warmer, so I finally had a good nightā€™s sleep. However, with 3" of memory foam, I lost the wonderful support of the latex underneath and got a sore back from the lack of support.

The next night, I remembered an old twin-size cheap piece of 1" memory foam I had in the closet and I got that out and switched it with the 3" memory foam. It was great! Just enough to dampen the jello-like quality of the latex and keep me warm, but not enough to lose the excellent support and feel of the latex.

Iā€™ve been sleeping with that ever since and I think Iā€™ve found the best of both worlds. My back and neck are feeling good. Iā€™ve never had a bed Iā€™ve liked more than this! I look forward to a good nightā€™s sleep every night and am waking up early feeling rested. My husband has no memory foam on his side and is very happy with the latex. He is sleeping like a baby, no back or hip pain as with our old mattress.

I would like to find a really dense memory foam topper big enough for our whole mattress in a 1" thickness now, but cannot find one anywhere. I have read about one called Venus that used to be available but apparently no longer is? Iā€™m wondering if you have any recommendations of another one to try? I really do not want anything much thicker.

Anyways, there is my experience with the SleepEZ so far! I highly recommend them but for anyone who may have a disc/nerve issue like mine, you may want to put a layer of something on top of latex to dampen those sensations. I am a very sensitive person, though, and chances are there are very few who would have an issue like this.

Oh, it is also different to get used to a thinner mattress, which makes for a lower bed. We are thinking about what to put under the mattress to bring the height up a few inches (weā€™re on a solid plywood foundation). Any suggestions?

Thanks again for this great site, Phoenix! I hope my review may be of help to someone else. You have the scoop from probably the most sensitive person you will ever meet, I am truly the princess and the pea, lol!

PS ETA I might have to change my user name now :slight_smile:

I too have similar sensations with my natural talalay mattress. It almost feels like my muscles and nerves are constantly twitching with every minute movement of the latex. COuld it be possible that lighter weight individuals donā€™t settle into the surface enough and are adjusting to the ā€œjelloā€ quality of latex all night long? My spinal nerve endings have the same buzzing and vibrating and it does feel like tiny spasm up and down my spine. I have a too firm mattress that I am trying to fix with a topper purchase. Talalay N3, N4, N5, or 26,32,38. I have a 1 1/2" wool fleece topper now and this does help. I have ordered a 3 inch fiber bed because Iā€™m afraid of buying a latex topper. I want a ā€œdeadā€ topper feelā€¦ just let me sink in and not move. So, I will get this fiber bed on Friday and test it out. It got good reviews, seen here: Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree
If you are interested I will review it here.

I"m also interested in a 2" dunlop topper 18ILD lower density, I believe it is mostly synthetic, but it is supposed to not feel bouncy.

Diane

Congrats on your comfy new mattress! :cheer: If you donā€™t mind my asking (since I have a persnickety back, myself), whatā€™s your configuration like? Iā€™ve got my eye on the exact same mattress.

From everything Iā€™ve gathered about latex, the bottom needs to breathe somewhat. Slatted foundations are always recommended (no more than 3" apart, ideally around 2"), and you can choose from low and high profile ones.

Hi SleepDeprived,

Thanks for taking the time to share such thoughtful, detailed, and insightful feedback ā€¦ I appreciate it.

Itā€™s great to see you ended up with your ā€œperfect combinationā€.

Your comments go right to the heart of different preferences between those who prefer sleeping directly on latex with a thin stretch knit cover to allow the maximum feel of the latex to come through and those who prefer a quilted cover or a thin layer of additional material over the latex to ā€œmodifyā€ the surface feel, resilience, and sensations of sleeping directly on the latex. Some people have a strong preference for one and others have just as strong a preference for the other.

Memory foam is a great material to use in a thin layer or a quilting layer for those who want to absorb all the surface sensations because it has a very high hysteresis which means it absorbs energy or vibrations better than any other material. Other options that can perform a similar function (although to a lesser degree) are a quilting layer of fiber (often wool with latex mattresses) or polyfoam or a thin topper or mattress pad on top of the mattress. A quilting layer or a thin layer of material on the top surface of a sleeping system can make a big difference in how the mattress feels. As your own experience indicates the key with this is to use a thin layer so that it doesnā€™t affect alignment.

While any memory foam layer will have a high hysteresis ā€¦ higher density memory foam will tend to be slower responding and absorb energy or ā€œsurface sensationsā€ more effectively. 1" toppers in higher density memory foam are quite difficult to find but you may want to give Rocky Mountain Mattress a call. They sell Venus memory foam in 2" layers and may be able to supply it in 1" layers on request. There are also other 7 and 8 lb memory foams on the market and some of the sources in post #4 here may be helpful but itā€™s difficult to find higher density memory foam in 1" layers (usually 2" is the thinnest) so it may take some phone calls.

As nej mentioned ā€¦ itā€™s a good idea to have good ventilation under your mattress unless there is compelling reason to choose otherwise (see post #10 here). There are low profile foundations that are in the range of about 5" that would be an option and you can also use a bunkie board which is in the range of about 2" thick (see post #4 here) but in both cases itā€™s a good idea to make sure it has a slatted surface where the gaps between the slats are no more than 3". You could also use one or more bed rugs (they are each 1" thick) which would also add good ventilation under your mattress or a layer of ultra firm polyfoam or better yet reticulated or fast dri foam which would also be more breathable than a solid surface and would add some thickness as well.

Phoenix

Thanks so much for the ideas, Phoenix, I will make some phone calls and see what I can turn up! I really appreciate your help. Hysteresis- that is an interesting word. This site is so awesome.

Diane, Iā€™m sorry that you also have to deal with these nerve sensations, too. Itā€™s no fun. You may have a point about weight as I am pretty skinny. I read a great book a couple years ago, The Anatomy of Dance Exercises, it has diagrams of how the spine moves and what movements are good for it and what type of movements injure it. I wished I had read that 30 years ago then I wouldnā€™t be in this state today! Oh, the mistakes Iā€™ve madeā€¦ I would very much appreciate a review of the fiber topper you are buying. I tried a mattress pad from Costco- it looked so cozy and warm but it felt exactly like we had layed a big thick layer of stiff cardboard over the top of our mattress. We didnā€™t even keep it on all night. Nice to be able to return it with no problem but Iā€™d rather find something of quality.

Nej, we have 3" of firm Dunlop on the bottom, 3" of medium Dunlop in the middle and then 2" of soft Talalay on top. It seems pretty ideal to me, just need to dial in the feel of the top.

We have a heated mattress pad that we use to warm our bed up. It is zoned so I warm just the feet for me and the whole thing for my husbands side. Like you I have discovered that it does take more time to warm the latex.

Hi Wavycat,

Itā€™s kind of ā€œrefreshingā€ to see some posts that talk about warming a mattress up rather than cooling it (which seems to be a more dominant ā€œthemeā€) because temperature regulation issues can work in both directions.

What kind of warming mattress pad did you buy?

Phoenix

Phoenix, I understand why you think this take on the temperature topic is ā€œrefreshingā€, but honestly, Iā€™m freezing at night for the first time in my life, and was about to come ask for suggestions when I saw this thread was already addressing the issue, at least in part.

I have always slept hot - kept the furnace vents off in my room all winter, had hot flashes from menopause for close to 20 years, bought Tencel and bamboo sheets trying to stop sweating all night long . . . and suddenly, since temps outside have gotten into the 30s at night, Iā€™m cold all night on my Dunlop mattress. So far Iā€™ve tried jersey sheets, different layerings of blankets and even an 800 fill goose down comforter, and Iā€™m waking up at night every time I move out of my warm spot into an area where Iā€™ve not been sleeping and it feels as though Iā€™m moving onto a refrigerated space. I even told my daughter I wanted a set of flannel sheets for Christmas, which in the past have been the exact opposite of anything Iā€™d even think of wanting.

Iā€™m thinking of getting a wool pad of some sort, altho I donā€™t like the notion of how it would change the feel of the latex mattress, and even considered putting a down filled mattress pad on the bed that I had used on a waterbed in the past. I donā€™t have a clue what to do that will help me be warmer without changing the things I like about the way my mattress feels.

I still think latex was the right mattress choice for me, and I still love the way the bed feels; however, because of this temperature difficulty, Iā€™m bordering on pretty miserable the past few nights (with a forecast low in the mid 20s two days from now).

I even thought about a LaNoodle topper, but I got one of the Pure Perfection pillows thatā€™s so over-stuffed itā€™s almost unbelievable and moved some noodles to another zippered case and tried lying on it to see how it felt. I wasnā€™t all that impressed with the feel, but I think it would be warmer. I never thought Iā€™d be this cold in a bed - I really donā€™t want to spend money on a new featherbed just to be warm about a third of the year, but thatā€™s another possibility.

Sigh. Itā€™s always something . . .

Hi Clawdia,

Your experience in going from from one extreme to the other is rather unusual and may take some detective work to isolate the cause. It could be environmental (as in the temperature of your bedroom), it could be physiological, it could be something to do with the mattress itself (mattresses where you sink in less are generally cooler and latex will hold less heat than say memory foam) or it could be connected to the differences between your current mattress and what you were used to sleeping on before. You are sleeping directly on the latex so this could be a factor.

A wool topper may be a good choice because it regulates temperature in both directions better than sleeping directly on latex.

Outside of a topper like wool that can help keep the temperature more even and keeping your bedroom warmer so the latex doesnā€™t have the chance to get as cold ā€¦ there are also more ā€œactiveā€ temperature regulating systems such as electric blankets or better yet some temperature regulating mattress pads such as this that may be helpful.

Phoenix

Hey Phoenix - trust me to be a bit ā€œunusualā€. :wink:

Bedroom temperature - in cold weather, Iā€™ve always have slept in a room not less than 60 degrees, usually closer to 65 F.

Certainly a big difference between the soft-sided waterbed and the latex mattress - altho since I had a featherbed on top of the waterbed, even though the waterbed had a heater I always kept it turned either off or on the lowest setting and couldnā€™t tell the difference, but Iā€™m sure being sandwiched in between the featherbed and a goose down comforter I was trapping heat and was sleeping warm even in a cool room.

Is it considered that Iā€™m sleeping directly on the latex if thereā€™s a bamboo/cotton encasement and a CozyPure organic cotton mattress protector, as well as a jersey bottom sheet, between me and the latex mattress? Thatā€™s the current set-up.

Does your LaNoodle mattress pad seem like something that would add warmth? Iā€™ve noticed my LaNoodle pillow gets a bit warm, but rarely requires flipping in the night.

Iā€™ve always hated electric blankets (sweat city, for me), and I checked out that temperature regulating mattress pad you referenced - looks like it would certainly go a long way to changing the feel of the mattress.

Everywhere I look, I see as many negatives as positives (usually more, but Iā€™m not liking the cold).

I thought physiological possibly too - but just had all the blood work done that my doctor knows how to order, and nothing new showed up. Iā€™ve had what I consider a broken body thermostat most of my life, but always before itā€™s made me hot, never cold.

I have two goose down comforters - Iā€™m tempted to sleep on top of one and under the other one for a night and see how it feels.

I do so like the feel of the latex, but between the cold and the discussions Iā€™ve seen lately with you and dn talking about Latex Green Dunlop possibly not being as soft as it claims to be, Iā€™m getting close to wondering if I made a mistake not spending six months or a year dithering about which mattress to buy, like so many others have.

[quote=ā€œClawdiaā€ post=27410]
I do so like the feel of the latex, but between the cold and the discussions Iā€™ve seen lately with you and dn talking about Latex Green Dunlop possibly not being as soft as it claims to be, Iā€™m getting close to wondering if I made a mistake not spending six months or a year dithering about which mattress to buy, like so many others have.[/quote]

Ohhhh no, donā€™t go get all caught up in the theory! :slight_smile: the latex green Dunlop is every bit as soft as youā€™ve been sleeping on, probably softer as it breaks in, regardless of the ild specs. Donā€™t let the theory/specs cause you buyers remorse!

Hi Clawdia,

A big ditto to this many times over. I wouldnā€™t let it cause you buyers remorse or use specs to choose a mattress unless there was no other alternative.

Phoenix

I just wanted to chime in, because I used to have to crank the heat up to 70 and pile on 4 or 5 blankets, before I got flannel sheets last winter, and I love them so much. You might like flannels more than you think! They are so cosy.

I also have a wool comforter, which is a lovely option for warmth and temperature regulation. I am not sure, though, if your 800 fill goose down comforter would be even warmer than wool - that sounds pretty luxurious.

[quote]
I also have a wool comforter, which is a lovely option for warmth and temperature regulation. I am not sure, though, if your 800 fill goose down comforter would be even warmer than wool - that sounds pretty luxurious.[/quote]
Technically, 800 fill isnā€™t a measure of warmth. Itā€™s more a measure of the quality of the down. Itā€™s definitely not a measure of the quantity of down. The higher the fill, the better the down. That said, a ā€˜summer weightā€™ 800 fill duvet will have a lesser quantity of down and will sleep cooler than a ā€˜winter weightā€™ 800 fill duvet, which has more of the down in it. Wool, if I recall, needs 4-5 times the weight to equal down in terms of insulating power (warmth)ā€¦ But by no means is it impossible. Example. A very thick wool duvet can easily sleep warmer than a very light duvet containing 800 fill down.

800 fill down is a high end premium down fill.

I just wanted to chime in, because I used to have to crank the heat up to 70 and pile on 4 or 5 blankets, before I got flannel sheets last winter, and I love them so much. You might like flannels more than you think! They are so cosy.

I also have a wool comforter, which is a lovely option for warmth and temperature regulation. I am not sure, though, if your 800 fill goose down comforter would be even warmer than wool - that sounds pretty luxurious.[/quote]

DahliaM - Iā€™d be hard pressed to think I could find anything more luxurious than these goose down comforters - I hit a sale at Pacific Coast a few years ago and bought one, which was the top of their line at the time (I donā€™t think they make quite an equivalent now even, oversized, 800 fill, and a 700 thread count cotton cover) - and when it came there was a 25% coupon in the box if I wanted another - and since the sale was still on, I bought the 2nd one. They donā€™t even leak down.

Iā€™m glad to hear you like flannel - my daughter ordered me a set of flannel sheets for Christmas last night.

Phoenix, dn - I hear you guy, loud and clear. I think itā€™s just hard for me not to worry that anything/everything I do will somehow turn out to be a mistake. I know the mattress is soft - but, like dn, Iā€™m after that extra 5% of whatever that would equal perfection. This ā€œprincess and the peaā€ routine does get old . . . :wink:

One thing that does tell me the mattress is a good fit for me is that for years I would go to bed at midnight and lie there and read my Kindle until 3 or 4 am - these days, I lie down and get comfortable and Iā€™m lucky if Iā€™m still reading by 2 am because I get so comfortable, even lying on my back, that I fall asleep with the Kindle or iPad in my hand and the light still on. That bed is actually the only place in the house I can get comfortable - the sofa has seen its better days, but Iā€™m trying to wait until January sales to replace it with a couple of comfy recliners for me and my husband.

Just saw your post, dn - edited this to add that my down comforters are considered (or at least were advertised as) winter weight. Youā€™re spot on about what fill means regarding down, though.

Hi Clawdia,

While itā€™s not ā€œdirectlyā€ itā€™s about as close as you could come with a mattress cover, protector, and sheets. A wool layer in between you and the latex will be much more insulating than cotton or bamboo and would insulate you from the temperature of the latex more than what you currently have I would think. It seems that itā€™s the temperature of the latex itself that is causing the issue (somewhat like sleeping on a waterbed that wasnā€™t heated at all would drain heat from your body) rather than the temperature of the air inside the bedding so it seems that something more insulating in between you and the mattress may be a more effective solution so that you are more insulated from latex that is ā€œcoldā€ from the room temperature.

No ā€¦ it wouldnā€™t be nearly as insulating or temperature regulating as wool. The lanoodles wouldnā€™t ā€œtrapā€ air in the same way as wool

[quote]Iā€™ve always hated electric blankets (sweat city, for me), and I checked out that temperature regulating mattress pad you referenced - looks like it would certainly go a long way to changing the feel of the mattress.

Everywhere I look, I see as many negatives as positives (usually more, but Iā€™m not liking the cold).[/quote]

I think that everything is always a matter of tradeoffs and it can sometimes be difficult to know which side of a choice ends up being more important. Overall though wool is probably the direction I would lean towards because it ā€œfeels goodā€ as well as regulating temperature.

I personally think that wool is a better choice under the body than down because it can maintain more loft and resilience under compression and down is generally more suitable over the body when maximum warmth with the least possible weight is the goal.

Phoenix

Saw this post and figured I should quickly add my thoughts on my SleepEZ 10,000 latex mattress. My wife and I purchased the mattress a little over two months ago and sadly are about to return it. We really wanted to like it and were so excited to finally order it after months of shopping around. We even took the time to try layered latex mattresses at SavyRest (where they were priced almost double SleepEZ) and we both thought we were going to love it. I should note that SleepEZ has been great thus far. They have wonderful customer service and let us exchange one of our layers but despite my wife sleeping on Extra Soft, Soft, Medium and myself on Soft, Soft, Medium, we both find the bed extremely uncomfortable. My wife has been having lower back pain (and its unlikely the bed is too soft as she is 5 feet tall, 100 pounds) and I have been having a ton of pain in my shoulders and my arms have been going numb at night. I am around 5ā€™9" 160 pounds and we are both slide sleepers but despite the soft layers the bed does just not feel soft to us.

So I would say that you have nothing to lose by trying to a bed with SleepEZ (other than 100 bucks and a bit of a pain in the butt to send it back) and maybe latex is just not for us? For what its worth, my wifeā€™s parents also have the 10,000 and they love it.

Has anyone had a similar experience with their Latex Mattress or any recommendations? Unfortunately we now have to find a new mattress in the next few weeks so we want to make sure we get it right this time. We are now considering the SleepNumber P5 or some of the mattresses from Original Mattress Factory. I am a bit hesitant to spend all that money with SleepNumber but my parents have one and have loved it for years and I also really like the idea of being able to adjust the firmness. The Original Mattress Factory seems like a great spot and I would prefer to buy from a direct manufacturer. They seem to have a new line of hybrid mattress that look pretty interesting (serenity). Does anyone know anything about these? The specs looks like they have some good high quality materials (see below).

If anyone has any thoughts on OMF or the SleepNumber P5 please let me know. I really hope we get something we like this time and would love some additional input.

Hopefully some of my info is helpful. Thanks

The Serenity and Serenity Plush have padding on one side only and cannot be flipped.
High Density Foam Core
High Density Memory Foam Topper ~ 8-14 ILD, 4.7-5.3 lb/ft3 Density
High Density Memory Foam Topper ~ 10-16 ILD, 7.6-8.4 lb/ft3 Density
Polyurethane Foam Topper ~ 15-21 ILD, 1.8-2.0 lb/ft3 Density
TalatechĀ® Talalay Latex Dual Comfort Foam Topper ā€“ 16-22 ILD, 2.75-3.25 lb/ft3 Density
TalatechĀ® Talalay Latex Dual Comfort Foam Topper ā€“ 21-27 ILD, 3.00-3.50 lb/ft3 Density
Air-Flow Layer
FR Knit Sock
Knit Cover

Thanks, Phoenix - thatā€™s the conclusion I keep coming back to today as Iā€™ve thought about it.

Do you have any suggestions as to wool I should consider? Never having been a wool person, Iā€™m somewhere way on the wrong side of ignorant about what/which/where when it comes to the material.

@clawdia,

They usually rate wool fill quantity based on how many grams per square meter (gsm) or oz per square yard (oz).

Iā€™ve tried several variations of wool, including

• st dormier (tiny amount of wool) 250 gsm
  • pre-compressed / quilted wool in my mattress case (quite a bit of quilted / compressed wool) 1000 gsm
  • 3" wool topper (lots of wool) 1800 gsm

The precompressed / quilted wool in the mattress case isnā€™t as warming as a more lofty topper, Iā€™ve found.

In the topper I got, 3" of wool is a lot, and while it slept warmer / nice, 3" could be overkill. Half of that, and perhaps less, in the right application might be enough for warmth and have fewer of the drawbacks I suspect youā€™d be concerned about (lumpy appearance as wool creates nest around you). For that matter, the st dormier might be enough even.

Like everything else bedding, thereā€™s organic vs natural, usually inside cotton. Merino wool is common, but some say it compresses easier than some other kinds which are rougher. Sometimes youā€™ll find alpaca wool toppers, which have no lanolin which is what people who are allergic to wool often react to. Crescent Moons Duvet / tmasc have a few options in that way.

Personally, Iā€™d try the flannel firstā€¦ Although Christmas is some ways away!

To experiment you might consider trying a wool duvet, or even a poly fill duvet, and fold it in half and try that under your mattress protector. That might give you some sense as to how a topper of that thickness might feel (more reliably so with a wool batting duvet).

If you were really experimental, you can get raw wool batting that comes in a size quite convenient for bedding from shepards dream. The price is good for eco wool, and they have 2 thicknesses. On the not so good side, since youā€™re allergic to it, handling raw batting might be less goodā€¦ But you could possibly put a layer under the mattress protector, although I have no idea ā€¦ Raw batting might just make a mess so if you try this, note that itā€™s totally unproven.

@ Clawdia,

There are different species of wool and each one produces a different type of wool with different properties. Iā€™m certainly no expert here but I had some great conversations with some of the manufacturers that are listed in post #3 here and they are great sources of more detailed or technical information about wool products and toppers.

My first ā€œruleā€ about any material is to talk to the experts :slight_smile:

@Rosenthal311

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your experience but as you mentioned SleepEz has great service for those few who donā€™t do well on their mattresses.

Both of you have layer combinations that are much softer than the ā€œaveragesā€ would normally indicate which could be part of the ā€œsymptomsā€ you are facing. Sometimes the ā€œfeelā€ of latex can be deceptive because it has an unusual combination of softness and firmness as it compresses more deeply but of course each personā€™s preferences are different.

FWIW ā€¦ you can see some of my thoughts about airbeds in this article. I would make sure you know the quality/density of the comfort layers which are normally the weak link of a mattress in terms of durability.

These are all high quality durable materials and there are no weak links in the mattress. I think the new version of the Serenity is even better than the one it replaced and has more options available. They would be a good quality/value choice if they were a good ā€œmatchā€ in terms of PPP.

Phoenix