SleepEZ Mattress- A Week Later

I very recently bought a king size latex blend mattress from SleepEZ. First, our former mattress was so terrible that I began to dread going to bed. The last night I went to sleep on the older mattress, I woke up with shoulder pain and pain radiating down to my bicep. This pain lasted until I went to sleep on the new latex mattress. The first morning sleeping on the latex mattress- the pain was gone.

Dealing with SleepEZ was easy. They were patient with my questions and didn’t try to upsell me. I am an very active person but have been suffering from serious hip pain for the last eight months or so. Being a side sleeper- it was important that I didn’t feel uncomfortable in my hip. What is notable in the new mattress is that it feels firm to me, even with a soft, medium, firm layered configuration, but it is soft enough so that I don’t feel discomfort in my shoulders and hips when a lay on it. I am very happy though I am wondering how I can make it a wee bit softer without compromising my alignment. I am not uncomfortable- just curious.

My husband has a firmer side (medium, firm, extra firm) and feels like this may be a bit too firm for him even though he sleeps on his stomach. I was surprised that he liked my softer side but I think he is convinced that he needs a firmer set up. We will work with our layers to determine what will work best for us.

Phoenix, I would appreciate any suggestions on that end of things. The upside is that my husband often works nights so we have opposite sleeping schedules some days. We will be able to borrow from each other’s side. Could you advise us?

Lastly, we did get a forum discount and I just got a check from SleepEZ. Even though I have not dealt with them concerning returning layers or consulting with them regarding changing our configurations- we are super pleased. I never would have thought that we would buy a mattress online, let alone be happy with that experience. I am glad we took a chance on it.

Hi ZuZu,

Thanks fot taking the time to share your comments and your initial feedback on your mattress … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

There are some suggestions in post #2 here that should be helpful but the “best” suggestion with a new mattress is normally to wait until you have slept on it for about a month (or a few weeks at a minimum) before making any changes to the mattress so the mattress has a chance to break in and you have a chance to adjust to a new sleeping surface.

Phoenix