Sleeping near the edge of latex mattress

I’m seriously considering a latex mattress with swappable layers. I tend to sleep very near the edge of a mattress and I’m concerned that without edge supports sleeping near the edge would be problematic. I was hoping that another forum member may be able to shed some light based on experiences with their mattress. For what its worth, I’m 6ft, 240lbs.

Hi SleepNYC,

Most latex mattresses that are a good match for a specific person don’t need edge support and are fine without it (see post #3 here) but with a higher weight range I would make sure that the support layers are firm enough for you because a support layer that is too soft relative to your weight (or a comfort layer that is too thick/soft for the person) can lead to either “roll together” in the middle of the mattress or edges that are too soft and the feeling that you are rolling off the mattress.

Your own testing on latex mattress will be the most reliable way to confirm (or not) whether a latex mattress in a suitable design and firmness level will be OK for you in terms of edge support.

In case you haven’t seen this … some of the better options and possibilities in the NYC area are listed in post #2 here and there is a more categorized list with more detailed descriptions of some of them in post #7 here.

Phoenix