Sleepmaster, Syracuse NY

Anybody have any luck with this company located in SYracuse NY? I have lived in Central NY all my life and I did not know they even existed. This Friday I will be heading out there to see what they have to offer.

Hi coachv8,

You can see some thoughts about them in the Syracuse list here and a forum search on Sleepmaster and on Southard (you can just click the links) will also bring more comments and feedback about them as well.

They would certainly be well worth including in your research for anyone that is in reasonable driving distance of one of their showrooms.

Phoenix

Thank you again for your help. I will give an update after our visit to Cuse!

Quick update on visit to WJ Southard store in Syracuse, NY. First these mattresses are very comfortable but rather on the pricey side ($4,100 for Cazenovian with a pillowtop King Size with Foundation). Not sure if the organic makeup of the mattress is worth the extra money over the Brooklyn Bedding mattress. There is also no return of the mattress with WJ if you are not satisfied with it.

Hi coachv8,

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

There is also more information about the different levels of organic certifications in post #2 here and some of the benefits of an organic certification in post #3 here and there is more about the different types of organic and safety certifications in post #2 here and more about some of the differences between organic and safety certifications in post #2 here that can help you decide whether an organic certification is important to you or whether a “safety” certification is enough.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any other comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Just ordered the Brooklyn Bed Mattress (medium, King), along with the recommended box spring. The thing that sealed it for me was the policy of being able to return it if we are not satisfied with it. I think with all the information that I have read on here that I could go into business myself selling mattresses! Thank you so much for all the help and unbiased information, it has been greatly appreciated!

Hi coachv8,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

The mattress arrived yesterday a day later than was originally anticipated but it still arrived 7 days from the days from the day it shipped out of the factory. When my wife sent me a picture of the beat up box on the front porch I was a little nervous but I figured the mattress was still protected as it had not expanded.

We slept it on last night and I can attest it immediately felt right, no more lower back pain for this guy and my wife said she couldn’t feel me flipping around all night!

Now comes the BAD news…we can not keep our kids off it and now they want their own BB mattress!

I know it is early on in the sleep trial but if I am fairly confident this has been an excellent choice for us!

Thank you again Phoenix for this site, without it I would typing this on top of a Loom and Leaf Mattress!

Hi coachv8,

Thanks for the update … and it’s great to hear that your mattress is working out so well for you.

You may need to have a little talk with Santa :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thought I would give a 3 month update on the BB mattress. After the first three weeks of sleeping on this I was almost ready to call and have them come take it away. My back was killing me and I could barely get out of bed in the morning, but I held on and decided I would see if my body acclimated to the BB. Glad to report that the wait was well worth it! The back ache went away and now I can not wait to go to bed and lay on our own little piece of heaven! Thanks again to Phoenix for all your help and this great site!

Hi coachv8,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it.

Your experience seems to have changed from good to not so good and then back to good again :slight_smile:

It can be surprising to many people how much their sleeping experience can change during the break in and adjustment period (see post #3 here) so it’s good to hear that you waited until the mattress had a chance to break in and you gave yourself the time you needed to adjust to a new mattress that was probably very different from what you were used to sleeping on.

Phoenix

We purchased 2 WJ Southward organic mattresses in Syracuse NY at Sleepmaster. By going directly to Sleepmaster, and purchasing one topper for a WJ Southward Cazenovian we already owned, and one other mattress, they were very generous with discounts from listed prices. We saved several hundred dollars. We didn’t pay delivery fees, as wevpicked the mattresses up in Syracuse after they were made…
They fit easily into our Honda Odyssey.
The sales person was great. She was extremely helpful, both in advising us on the mattress, and on calling in for a discount since we were upgrading our Cazenovian with a topper, and purchased a Lincklaen, which has a topper included.
We are very happy with both mattresses. We have had our Cazenovian for 6 years, and added the topper, and like it even better.

Hi Skotta,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!:slight_smile: And thanks for the update on your mattress purchase. I’m glad it’s working out well six years later.

Phoenix