Sleeptek 6" Natural Rubber Organic Mattress

Think I found the “one”.

I researched until my eyes crossed. Before I hand over the debit card, I’d like to double check with this forum and also share my findings.

Looked for:
Certified by eco Institut
Natural Latex (Talaylay or Dunlop)
Little or no off-gassing
Organic Cotton and/or wool topper
Lower price range
Deliver within Canada

Found: Sleeptek natural latex mattress. As far as the Mattress and Sleep Company knows, this is the most reasonably priced genuine natural rubber mattress finished with organic cotton and wool anywhere in North America.

I was close to going for the Essentia Tatami during their Cyber Monday sale…good thing I found this site! Then I was led to Obasan, but I read somewhere that Sleeptek is actually the mother company that makes both Obasan and Sueno. Hoping that’s true. Sleeptek isn’t as fancy or customizable as Obasan, but given my price-range it provided a good second best option. Plus, it’s eco Certified and more: http://sleeptek.ca/certifications.

Thoughts? I realize it won’t be as comfortable as the other Sleeptek options available, but it’s a big upgrade from the air mattress I’ve had for 2 months! Have I missed anything from the environmental/health conscious perspective? Anyone that has this mattress have any input or know of some useful reviews on comfort?

Hi 1234bean,

Yes … Sleeptek makes Obasan and Sueno mattresses as well.

This mattress is listed on the Sleeptek site here at a little lower cost than the prices on the TMASC site but I don’t know if that includes shipping or not.

Post #21 here also includes a list of some of the better online options I’m aware of that ship across Canada (including TMASC).

This mattress uses very high quality materials (6" of organic and 100% natural Dunlop and an organic cotton cover quilted with organic wool) and while I don’t know all the prices off the top of my head … I don’t think it would be the lowest cost mattress that includes similar materials (6" of organic or 100% natural Dunlop with an organic cotton wool quilted cover).

Having said that … there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses and the price of a mattress is just one of many factors that are part of deciding which mattress purchase would be the best value for you.

As you probably know … TMASC is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and the quality of their products and the service and guidance they provide to their customers.

There is more information in post #2 here about organic, natural, chemical free, green, and safe mattresses and mattress materials that may help to clarify some of the differences and similarities between all the different but related terminology and that may be helpful in defining the criteria that are most important to you but you are certainly looking at a very “safe” choice and with all organic materials that most people would consider to be among the “greener” options available as well.

Phoenix

Wow! That was a fast response! Thank you, Phoenix. I will research further and update if I opt for something different/think someone with similar needs could benefit from my discovery process.