Slipped Disk

HI calderon,

[quote]I am curious why you consider this latex/pocket coil hybrid to have no obvious weak links if I choose the latex comfort layer?
Should I worry about the pocket coils as possible weak links?

My assumption would be that a mattress like this would be less durable than an all latex mattress like the natura[/quote]

There is more about the many variables that can affect durability and the useful life of a mattress relative to each person in post #4 here and the posts it links to but the upper layers of a mattress are generally the weakest link of the mattress because they are more subject to compression forces that can soften or break down a material and the support core will have much less effect on the durability and useful life of a mattress. In the case of both of these mattresses the upper layers are latex so while the Natura may have a slight edge (depending on the thickness of the latex in the Flou Latex Coil Hybrid and on how much you would be compressing the innerspring “through” the latex comfort layer), in practical “real life” terms they would be closely comparable in terms of durability.

I mentioned that this was subject to choosing the latex comfort layer vs the gel memory foam comfort layer because I don’t know the density of the gel memory foam so I couldn’t make any meaningful comments about it although even if it was a good quality/density memory foam a latex comfort layer would still have an edge in terms of durability.

Phoenix