So Confused and Undecided

:S
Hello Everyone,
I have been doing so, so much research online and at local stores. I have a work related injury, head, neck, shoulder, back, foot. This happened 5 years ago and has gotten worse. Hubby helps me out of bed daily. My doctor has given me a prescription for an adjustable bed. I’ve narrowed it down to three, I think. Money is an issue but I do want the best I can afford. I do tend to favor a softer bed and hubby is indifferent; he wants me to get what’s comfortable for me. The three I’m considering are:
Vivon Bliss- google this site and look at the video, very innovative.
Christeli Tiffany
Christeli Luxe Estate
I’ve spoken with both companies and both seem great, especially Christeli. I spoke to Kerrie at Christeli at great length and she stated that quite a few of the employees have the Tiffany. I would also get the most adjustable base, can’t remember the name at the moment, brain kinda fried from reading, lol. I would like to know what you Phoenix and others think. I’m so leary about a purchase of this expense site unseen, but Christeli is currently offering 30 days to return for refund or exchange with no charge but of course, no return of the adjustable base. Thank you all.

Hi msrozz,

The first place i would start with your mattress research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the most suitable choices.

A mattress is only as good as the quality of the construction and materials that are inside it and I would be cautious with the Vivon and make sure you know the density of all the layers it uses and meets the memory foam guidelines in post #10 here. They are made by a Chinese manufacturer called Zinus which also makes other brands (including Spa Sensations, Keetsa, Night Therapy, Spirit Sleep and others) which tend to use some lower quality/density memory foam.

Christeli is made by Park Place (they used to be called Luxepedic) which is a long term US manufacturer and they use good quality materials and have good value. They also have a very interesting modular design. It would allow you to just replace the topper instead of the whole mattress because the comfort layers are generally the “weak link” of a mattress and will tend to soften and break down more quickly than the deeper layers. They are also CertiPur certified.

Either way though … I would always do some local testing so you have some good reference points as far as PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) before considering the higher risk of an online purchase where you can’t test the mattress before you purchase it (and I would also keep in mind that other people’s experience on a mattress has little to do with how it may feel for you because of differences in body type, sleeping style, and individual preferences).

Phoenix

The problem with the Vivon as well as the Christeli is the fact that there are no local companies that sell any of them. I’ve been leaning more toward the Christeli because everything is made here in the US. I like concept of the Vivon, but they have only been in business since 2006 or so. And, I really don’t want all of the Chinese stuff in my bed. I like the warranty too. Now to decide between the Luxe Estate or the Tiffany. I’ve read that the Tiffany is a lot like the Tempurpedic cloud luxe and I like that bed, just cost too much. It would be easier if I didn’t need the adjustable base, but I do.