So Which Organic Mattress Should I Purchase?

Hi Quetac84,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I switched your post to a new topic of its own so it doesn’t get mixed in with another members questions.

The best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic informtion, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to have more information about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and “green” mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” or “how green is green enough for me” or even “how organic is organic enough for me” so you can decide on the types of materials you are most comfortable having in your mattress. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, beliefs, and lifestyle choices.

I’m not sure where you are in the Southern California area but the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Los Angeles area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here and the list for San Diego is in post #2 here.

The tutorial also includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) that compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Many of them make latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex and have a range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that would be well worth considering.

Phoenix