Soaring Heart Natural Bed Company?

First off, I’d like to thank phoenix and this site for the wonderful information they provide. Before I purchased my first latex mattress last year, I was pretty lost. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without this site. I ended up going with Sleep EZ. They did a fine job and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

However, now I’m moving to a King and really want to go all out. I’m thinking of moving away from the layered, zip up style and on to a more custom mattress.

After looking around I heard of the company Soaring Heart from a good friend of mine. He purchased one of their other beds and really loves it. After searching this site, I didn’t see anything about them. From what I’ve learned on this site, them seem to be a good company who uses quality materials. On the other hand, they are expensive.

I’ve also seen Phoenix mention that Dallas/Ft Worth is one of the best areas in the country for mattress selection. I’ve seen several threads of recommendations about the area, but I didn’t see any current threads.

Basically I’m looking for something on more of the higher end. I’ve posted a link to the company below. I’d love to hear some opinions.

http://soaringheart.com/collections/organic-mattresses/products/madrona-organic-mattress-with-natural-latex

Hi BlackOutUT,

[quote]After looking around I heard of the company Soaring Heart from a good friend of mine. He purchased one of their other beds and really loves it. After searching this site, I didn’t see anything about them. From what I’ve learned on this site, them seem to be a good company who uses quality materials. On the other hand, they are expensive.

I’ve also seen Phoenix mention that Dallas/Ft Worth is one of the best areas in the country for mattress selection. I’ve seen several threads of recommendations about the area, but I didn’t see any current threads.[/quote]

Your question about Soaring Heart is rather co-incidental because they are about to become a member of this site (they will be listed in the next day or so).

You can see some of my previous comments about them in this post and this post

There are also more comments about them in the Seattle list here (which is hopefully what you are looking for).

I think highly of their knowledge and experience and their mattresses and futons all use high quality materials (including organic Dunlop latex, wool, and cotton and innersprings). They are very knowledgeable about the materials they use and are committed to educating their customers rather than “selling” them although as you mentioned they are also in a more premium budget range.

Interestingly enough … this site has been “required reading” for all their staff for some time :slight_smile:

Phoenix

They are on the listing, glad to hear they are going to be members here. I have been sleeping on a Soaring Heart bed for two years now - yep, it was expensive. Mattress, foundation, pillows, and topper - made by hand it’s gorgeous, the materials are absolutely top notch, and these guys are particular. I have no hesitation in recommending their products.

Hi BlackOutUT,

I just realized I linked the wrong post for the Seattle list in my reply to you. It’s now corrected :).

Phoenix

Thanks for the info! Its greatly appreciated. Do you have any other recommendation for something on the higher end such as Soaring Hearts?

Hi BlackOutUT,

The Seattle list includes all the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the area and there are many “higher end” options available among them.

Phoenix

Hey Phoenix, I’m actually in the Dallas, TX area. I had just heard of Soaring Hearts from a friend. I will look at the Seattle list as well.

Hi BlackOutUT,

I guess the Seattle list isn’t much use to you if you are in the Dallas area and the Dallas list would be more helpful (I just added a Savvy Rest dealer which makes mattresses very similar to the SleepEZ that you have except they are in a higher price range).

I think if you are looking at a “higher end” mattress it would probably be helpful to define what you mean in terms of construction and the materials you would prefer in the mattress. The cost of a mattress isn’t a reliable way to know the quality of the materials inside it and the price of a mattress also has little to nothing to do with how well you may sleep on it or how suitable it may be for you in terms of PPP.

You already have what many people would consider to be a “higher end” mattress as latex is one of the more costly and higher quality materials that are used in mattresses. Of course different designs or options or more latex in more layers or other differences in construction or design can also increase the price and some manufacturers also charge much more for a mattress that is similar to yours in terms of quality and design.

A few of the more premium or “higher end” stores in the Dallas area (and this probably isn’t a complete list) includes …

http://mydreambeds.com/ Hastens

http://www.duxiana.com/ Duxiana

http://www.pummer.com/ Samina

http://cantoni.com/ VI-Springs

There is also a list of some of some of the innerspring/natural fiber mattresses that are available in post #4 here and the same post also includes some of the ultra high end mattress manufacturers and you can check their websites (or send them an email) to see if they have any retailers that carry them that are close to you. These are not the type of mattresses that most people would consider for an online purchase though if they aren’t available to you locally.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thank you for the suggestions. I’m now actively looking for a king bed. After sleeping on the Sleep EZ for over a year, I’ve decided that I really like the softer options. I am 6ft 195lb guy. Muscular build. I’m worried that going softer on the latex would cause me to sink too much. As in if I was keeping the queen, I might be looking for a thick topper to go on top of my current setup. Do you have any general suggestions for something like this?

I’m going to check out the places you listed that are local.

Hi BlackOutUT,

I’m not quite clear on what you are asking.

There are people who are fine with softer latex and some who aren’t but your testing will tell you how evenly you sink into a mattress, how soft it feels for you, and whether it’s good match for you in terms of PPP much better than any suggestions I could make.

If you are looking for a topper then post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point to decide on the type, thickness, and softness of a topper that you think would work best for you.

Phoenix