Soft Dunlop vs. Talalay and lower body sinking with Sleep Ez latex mattress?

Hi all,

I purchased a three layer Sleep Ez mattress just about 2 and a half months ago. Because I needed surgery that put my on the couch sleeping upright for a month, I wasn’t really able to sleep in it for more than a couple of weeks so far. My 90 day return date is approaching, and I am noticing that I am getting better nights sleep, but I don’t know if I should try out other layers. I like the upper body support, but my lower body seems to sink into the mattress a bit more and I am finding myself sleeping on my left side instead of my right side and back (before with my old sagging spring mattress).

I weigh about 140lbs and I have a split FMM (too hard) and FMS talalay (maybe too soft?), but I don’t know if I should try to get a soft dunlop to try or soft talalay to try under the medium (FSM) talalay.

Anyone have experience with SleepEz or know much about their mattresses? Also do they get hot in the summer?

Hi Kyleppil,

I wouldn’t take the 90 days as a “drop dead” date and they will work with their customers and make exceptions as necessary to make sure you are happy with your mattress.

Whether you should try other layers would really depend on what combinations you have tried and the results you experienced on each one. If you are experiencing any “symptoms” of discomfort on your mattress then the first suggestion I would always make is to call and talk with them on the phone so they can make any suggestions that you may find helpful. They are always happy to take the time it takes to go through your experiences with you and they know more about their mattresses and which combinations or exchanges may be worth trying than anyone else.

If FMM is too hard and FMS is too soft I would probably try MFS to see if that makes a difference. It would firm up the support without sacrificing “comfort” and pressure relief significantly.

Latex is the most breathable of all the foam materials (polyfoam, memory foam, latex foam) and Talalay latex is more breathable than Dunlop. The wool quilting in your mattress is also very temperature regulating so most people wouldn’t have any temperature regulation issues on the type of mattress you have unless there are other factors involved that can affect your sleeping temperature. There is more about the factors that can affect temperature regulation in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thanks so much for getting back Phoenix. I was planning to call them tomorrow. Though in relation to what you suggested, is it okay (in terms of weight of the layers) to put medium as a supporting layer under the firm and soft (MFS)?

Hi Kyleppil,

Absolutely it is … yes.

Phoenix