Soft latex mattress for 1500 in southern california

So my wife wants a soft matress. Predictably she likes the pillow top ones in the store. I can convince her to spend 1500 on a more durable product but I has to be soft. We really need to try it out in Orange County california. Where should I go?

Hi Johninnewport,

Post #2 here (Los Angeles) and post #2 here (San Diego) along with a few phone calls to check if they carry a latex mattress in your budget may be helpful although depending on the size and thickness you are looking for you may be on the low end for an all latex mattress.

Phoenix

Ok, first of all, you are awesome. Once I make a purchase I will definitely donate to you for your work. Really, you should be getting a commission on these sales (talk to me if you need help on setting this up). Even clickthroughs to these people’s sites…

Secondly, Can you give me your opinion on the 9" flexus comfort natural comfort latex mattress. It is $1500 out the door. So it definitely hits the sweet spot but I really don’t know if it is quality construction or not.

https://www.flexuscomfort.com/Natural-Comfort.html

Hi Johninnewport,

Flexus is an invited member of this site which means that I believe they are among the best quality/value available. I think very highly of both them and the mattresses they make. The specific mattress you linked used very high quality materials (Dunlop and Talalay latex), has no “weak links”, and has great value as well.

Of course I would also make sure that you pay them a visit to test the mattress in person to make sure that the specific design is suitable for your needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). I would also call them first to make sure they know you are coming because sometimes smaller manufacturers with fewer employees (especially if they are both wholesale and retail manufacturers) wear many hats and their showroom may not always be open during their normal business hours if they have other jobs or deliveries to attend to.

Thanks for the kind words and offer. I do receive a referral fee for mattress purchases from the members here (this is what supports the site and my long hours :)).

I made a decision from the beginning that my income would never include advertising (google ads or otherwise) or referrals from retailers or manufacturers that weren’t members here because how I earn my income and its source has always been more important to me than the income itself. If you let them know that you are a member of the forum (to receive the discount that the manufacturing members here provide to forum members) then this also triggers the referral fee for mattress purchases from the members of the site.

Of course the membership is still relatively small and there are other sources of good quality and value across the country but my goal was always to help identify quality and value no matter where I find it and provide the tools that can help consumers assess quality and value for themselves (based on the materials in the mattress) regardless of membership so purchases from the other retailers or manufacturers that are listed throughout the forum that are not yet members are a “side effect”. Over time the best of these (based on my own research and conversations and member feedback as well) will also be invited to become members here as part of an “organic” process of growth.

Phoenix

nice. Well thanks for disclosing your relationship and the mattress review.
i will test it out and mention your discount.

Hi Johninnewport,

My husband and I just purchased a queen all talay latex mattress from electropedic beds (recommended by Phoenix, though I don’t think they are a member here). The mattress we got has a 6" core and 1" of a softer layer on top and bottom. They originally wanted $1800 for the mattress, but after I shopped around they did a price match and I got the mattress and 2 latex pillows and no sales tax for $1520. They have a location on Anaheim which isn’t too far from you. They have varying levels of softness.
http://electropedicbeds.com/