Southern California Source for hand rolled / french tufted mattress

Hi,

We’re building a window seat / built in sofa and are looking for a cushion / mattress for the top. I’ve tried several upholstery and mattress shops and none can make a mattress or cushion beyond the typical slab sided box with a small piping cord.

We want the mattress to look like the ones here: Charles H. Beckley, Inc.

I called the above linked shop and they want about $3,500 for our two 30" x 68" mattresses. This is way beyond what we can spend. We would like to stay under $1,000 for both.

I am hoping that someone here knows of a mattress manufacturer in southern california that makes a visually appealing mattress like those from Charles Beckley. This is an occasional seat so we don’t need the highest quality innards, but we do want the thick corded and scalloped edge.

Pottery Barn has something similar made out of polyurethane. It is $299. I would consider this except it is twin mattress size and nobody I’ve spoken to has the ability to cut this down for us.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hi Wolfgang80,

The type of hand crafting you are looking for tends to be more costly and found in more premium mattresses and your budget may not be enough but there are some manufacturers in the Los Angeles area listed in post #2 here that may be helpful and who may be able to make you something that is suitable. There is also a San Diego list in post #2 here.

I don’t think the size is nearly as difficult an issue as finding the type of cover that you are looking for which is a more specialized construction.

Phoenix