Soy based foam

I spoke with Chelsea via telephone about ordering a mattress. I thought she said they used a soy based foam and not a latex foam on the chiropractic mattress. Have you heard of this type of foam or had any experience with it? I don’t live close to Daytona at all so I can’t try it first. Chelsea was very helpful and gave me some suggestions that I will follow then probably call her back. I wanted a innerspring mattress then to add a latex topper to try to accommodate the different levels of comfort between my husband and myself. In all the reading that I have done on mattresses, I have not seen any reference to a soy based foam unless they are referring to it by another name. Thanks

Hi ALGlover,

There is more about so called “soy based” or other “plant based” foams in post #2 here. They are just versions of polyurethane foams (polyfoam) and I would use the same density guidelines as I would use for any other type of polyfoam.

They are very common in the industry as manufacturers make some small incremental steps to reduce their dependence on raw materials and chemicals that are derived from petroleum.

Phoenix