Spinal care bedding: nature’s series plush

Was looking at this mattress today, trying to find out if anyone has purchased and used this make/ model for any length of time. We have not used latex befor but currently have a memory foam mattress to replace with spring/ latex one for more comfort. We did lie down on this latex one and was comfortable. Don’t know anyone who has one nor how the comfort/ shape has been lasting. Thank for you help.

Hi ricironman,

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range) and othe people’s experiences or reviews in general certainly won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

“Comfort” is very subjective so I would always keep in mind that a mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on.

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article).

As you know … memory foam and latex are very different materials with very different properties but once again the choice between them would be a preference choice based on your own testing and personal experience. There is more about the pros and cons of latex vs memory foam in post #2 here.

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else in terms of firmness, “comfort”, or PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is it’s durability and in terms of durability a mattress is only as good as its construction and the type, quality, and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress on the label. In other words I would always make sure that you are able to find out the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components in a mattress to the quality/durability guidelines I linked earlier in this reply and confirm there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would compromise the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any mattress purchase. I would also only deal with retailers or manufacturers that are both willing and able to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed choice.

I don’t know the specifics of the materials and components in the Spinal Care mattress you are considering so I can’t make any meaningful comments about it but Spinal Care is generally completely transparent about all the layers and components in their mattresses so if you can find out the specs that are listed in the article I linked about “mattress specifications you need to know” and post them on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials and components in the mattress and let you know if I can see any weak links that would be any cause for concern in terms of the durability and useful life of the mattress.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for the response and information., it is very helpful… Also hard to decide how to choose a new mattress when you only test it out in store for 15-20 minutes. I do agree about others personal preferences and such. since we have many friends who’s perspective is opposite of ours…lol. Was mostly curious about if anyone actually purchased & has been using it to understand any wear issues in normal use. Thanks again and Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

Ric

Hi ricironman,

With a local purchase for the majority of people … careful testing (using the guidelines in the tutorial) and some good guidance from a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer will usually result in a mattress choice that is well inside a suitable comfort/support range and will generally be “close enough” so that if any fine tuning is necessary it would be relatively minor and involve different mattress pads, sheets, mattress protectors, or perhaps even a topper if a mattress is too firm (see post #4 here and post #10 here).

Other people’s experience will tell you very little if anything about the durability or useful life of a mattress that is relative to your own experience … especially since the vast majority of the online feedback is during their first few years on the mattress which isn’t long enough to identify any durability issues with a mattress that uses good quality materials.

While there is no way to quantify how long any mattress will last for a specific person or predict exactly when you will decide to replace it because it is no longer suitable or comfortable for you (because this is the only real measure of durability or the useful life of a mattress that really matters) because there are too many unknowns and variables involved that are unique to each person … if a mattress is well inside a suitable comfort/support range and isn’t close to the edge of being too soft when it is new (see post #2 here) and you have confirmed that it meets the minimum quality/durability specs that are suggested in the guidelines here then it would be reasonable to expect a useful lifetime in the range of 7 - 10 years and with higher quality and more durable materials like latex or higher density memory foam or polyfoam (in the comfort layers especially) it would likely be in the higher end of the range or even longer and the chances that you would have additional “bonus time” would be higher as well.

There is also more detailed information about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different people in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix