Spinal Care Bedding - Quantum Series

Hi,
I went to try out some mattresses and found one my wife and I really liked. It’s made by Spinal Care Bedding - Quantum is the model and local in Gardena, CA. It seemed to resemble the Aireloom Tarragon. He said SCB is owned by National Bedding, which also owns Serta and Simmons.

For the support layer, the salesperson touted the queen size’s 2000+ pocket springs (5 helices in each spring, tempered in oil, low gauge thickness (13 or 14 gauge?)) by Leggett and Platt.

There is a 1" indurlay (spelling?) or some type of intermediate layer between the comfort and support layer.

For the comfort layer, he said it has 2" of high quality 1.8 poly made of soy. It has a 1" talalay latex upper layer.

It was really cheap so it has me worried, especially the 2" of 1.8 poly in the comfort layer. He did say that it has a 10 year warranty from 1.5" of sagging though.

Has anyone heard of this model?

Thanks.

Hi kenzo,

As they mentioned … National Bedding is a subsidiary of Serta which in turn is owned by the same investment group that owns Simmons as well.

Can you provide a link to the mattress and the retailer you are buying it from and the price they are asking?

The specs look good but they are not the specs you would generally find in a “cheap” mattress so I would want to confirm that they are correct and also that it is being sold by an authorized retailer.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

It is called Dreamland Mattress Discount in Covina, CA. Their webpage is here: Dreamland Mattress | Mattress Man's Dreamland Blog but it’s more of a blog.

The King (Eastern and Cal) sale price is $1300 for Black Friday. I think it’s originally ~$1500-$1600.

I tried to look up some info on the web, but the bed is no where to be found on the web other than spring information. I did call Bruce the owner and he told me some more info about the bed.

-2016 coils in cal king and 2036 coils in Eastern
-1" natural latex and corded so it’s more breathable
-organic cotton (3 layers) on top of the latex
-b grade cotton (~3/4")under the latex in support layer
-induralator pad b/t comfort and support layer
-4.5" layer of foam casing
-poly on top of indurlator of 1.8 soy (not 100%) poly
-20 year non-prorated warranty

He said he’ll contact the rep and get a spec sheet and email it to me. Hopefully this will clarify things! I’ll post up the spec sheet when it gets send over.

Thanks!

Hi kenzo,

OK … that clarifies a few things.

There are two Spinal Care Bedding companies. One is a small independent manufacturer based in Gardena, CA (and is also called Good Mattress Company). Their website is here. They are NOT owned by Serta and are completely independent. They make some good quality and value mattresses including the one you are looking at. These are the ones that are carried by Dreamland.

The other is the one that is owned by Serta. Their website is here (dot com instead of dot net). Like their parent company … they are not in the same quality/value range as the one in Gardena.

When you were mentioning a “really cheap” mattress I was assuming that you were talking about a sub $500 mattress and the specs you listed didn’t seem to fit this budget range. I wanted to make sure you weren’t buying a liquidation or used mattress. The prices you are listing are more in line with what I would expect and I would consider it to be a good quality and value choice with no weak links in the mattress.

This is also a very uncommon pocket spring with a very high coil count that you don’t see much in the industry.

I have also talked with Bruce at Dreamland Mattress Discount and think highly of his knowledge and experience and they are also a forum member (see this thread).

It’s good to hear you are considering the “good” Spinal Care instead of the “other” Spinal Care :slight_smile:

I’ve also added them to the Los Angeles list here because for some reason I neglected to do so when I first talked with Bruce so thanks for bringing them up.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! That’ll seal the deal. :slight_smile:

Kenzo,

how do you like the mattress, I was also considering this one would like to know what you think, thanks!