Spindle Mattress No Longer Carries Synthetic

I bought a 10" Abscond full synthetic mattress w/ foundation from Spindle last year for my son who turned three in July. I have a daughter turning three this May (they’re 10 months apart) so I wanted to get her the exact same mattress/foundation.

I called to enquire about it two weeks ago and was told that they no longer carry the synthetic. They only carry the all natural latex now. This is a big disappointment because the synthetic was $699 but the all natural is $1150.

We had a very positive experience with Spindle the first time round but that’s quite a bit of a price increase. Is anyone aware of other mattress companies in the area with similiar products?

Hi NHdad,

You can see Spindle’s comments here about discontinuing their synthetic latex last May.

While I don’t know of any other synthetic latex options in the area (I don’t keep a record of individual mattresses that each store carries in the many lists throughout the forum) … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Boston area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Dreamfoam also has a three layer synthetic latex mattress here.

Phoenix

I called Spindle Mattress a few days ago and spoke with Neal. The first time I called I spoke with one of his employees. I explained to Neal that I had purchased the synthetic last year and that the all natural was quite a bit more money than we were looking to spend. He said he’d see what he could do and he called back today to say he could get the materials for the same synthetic 10" inch that I had purchased last year. It’s a special order for materials that Spindle no longer stocks or buys from their distributor so it will cost $100 more than I paid last year but that will still save me about $400 in not purchasing the all natural. I ordered it today and it should be showing up at my home in two to three weeks.

I’ve purchased two mattresses from Spindle in the past year and it’s been a great experience both times. When my wife and I decided that we wanted to forgo the innerspring mattresses for the kids and our next mattress, deciding upon latex instead, I did a lot of research into both the companies in my area and the online companies selling latex mattresses. Spindle truly does offer one of the best deals to be had in the latex mattress market and I’d recommend them without reservation.

Hi NHDad,

Spindle certainly went out of their way to provide you with the mattress you wanted and it’s rare to see that kind of service.

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and congratulations on your new mattress … once again :slight_smile:

Phoenix

NHDad

could you be able to provide the information on the synthetic? curios as to how it compares with the ud freedom which my friend wants to buy for his 6 year old

I don’t have any specs or details on the synthetic from Spindle because they no longer carry it. I believe that Neal agreed to get the synthetic for me because I was an existing customer. I’m not sure if others would be able to get the synthetic though. I guess it’s something you’d have to discuss with Spindle yourself.

As for the whole 100% natural vs synthetic/blend. I’ve never felt that the extra money for the all natural latex is worth it. I believe the synthetic that Spindle previously carried was actually a blend of natural and synthetic and after much research I felt comfortable in assuming that it would be a safe, chemical free option for my three year old son.